• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

my son in going into hospital at last

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kellyspiggies

i got a phone call from the hospital yesterday, they asked me if i was doing anything on thursday and i said no and they said you can bring him in on thursday to have some grommets put in and adenoids quartarised, quite nervous hate seeing him being put to sleep got to stay there too for a night have so much to sort out got to get babysittter for my daughter as my partner cant take time of as he has loadsa holiday next month, my nan is coming to hospital with me as my mum is on holiday cant even get hold of her, she will come home and it will all be over and done with,

Oh that's great! I know you've been waiting a long time for it.

Big hugs to you all. Thinking of you

xx Kelly xx

its great so nervous though got to stay there the night i hate hospitals lol i remember when i took him to have his first set of grommets he fell asleep holding his lorry when i went to recovery to get him he still had it, its going to be harder this time he was only 2 last time he is nearly 8 now, that he had a anasetic in feb and he ws good then, he loves going to hospital he gets presents lol i always buy him something when he goes in hospital or has something done

Aww, that's the attraction! Hospital equals presents! LOL

My nephew still waiting to hear about him having grommets. Think it would make a world of difference if he could have them now.

i know when harley had his first set, he didnt change over night but there was a gradual change

Lots of good luck to him - and you!
Please don't worry about the anaesthetic - anaesthetists are brilliant with kids (I work with 55 anaesthetists). If he is frightened of the needle, just say and they will numb his hand with cream or offer him an inhalation induction. Becuse of his age you will probably be able to go to the anaesthetic room with him. xx

yeah i did when he was 2
he had a anasetic in feb so he knows what to expect, its me who worrys lol

It's absolutely awful seeing them put to sleep, I always cry :'(

I remember when my middle boy ( now 14) had grommets the effect was amazing, when we came home after a few hrs I ran water into the kitchen sink and he covered his ears and yelled stop its too loud, he must've been very deaf prior to that ?

It'll be fine Michelle, won't tell you not to worry because you will anyway LOL

bev said:
It's absolutely awful seeing them put to sleep, I always cry :'(

I remember when my middle boy ( now 14) had grommets the effect was amazing, when we came home after a few hrs I ran water into the kitchen sink and he covered his ears and yelled stop its too loud, he must've been very deaf prior to that ?

It'll be fine Michelle, won't tell you not to worry because you will anyway LOL

I'm kelly lol
i know I'm going in with my nan, as andrew cant take time of work, my mum is on holiday in greece cant get hold of her to tell her all has happened so quick, I'm lucky its only grommets and adenoids he is having done, those poor parents who have to go through heart ops and all the serious ops.

I had grommets when I was about 2 years old, apprently my ear drum had burst due to several ear infections. I'll pray for a nice speedy recovery for your son. :)

hope hes fine I'm sure he is , I think us mums get more worried then the kids do , just part of being a mum I guess, when my son Liam was 6 he had broken his arm in 3 places and had to have it manipulated under anesthetic, and I was 8 months pregnant, what with hormones raging and the worry, I was a mess hubby was working and minding the others , but we had to change places as I just could'nt cope with it, Drs were worried about me more then Liam (hes 17 now) :D good luck and relax (I know its just words but try)

its all over he had his grommets in and he didnt have to have his adenoids out if you see him you wouldnt think he had been through it

I'm confussed whats grommets? I'm on a health course so maybe i should know that lmao, good luck with it Kelly hope everything goes ok x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back