• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

My Tonic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
My poor baby has a cold, runny nose and keeps sneezing! It's not put him off his food though! :)

In the past Tonic had a cold and I put some Vick on his nose.. any more ideas?

I've not really had much experience with piggie colds. Cos Tonni is almost 6 now, anything out of the ordinary kinda scares me with him.

xx Kelly xx

Give him Sudafed expectorant - 0.2ml by syringe - it is excellent for snuffles! I'd also give him some vick to clear his little nose.

Hope he is feeling better soon!

Thanx so very much! I'll do anything for him - all of them!

He just scares me! :)

Once a day or three times? Sorry I've gone totally clueless on things!

xx Kelly xx

I'm sorry Kelly, haven't got any advice for you i'm afraid, apart from don't worry about going totally clueless, that happens when it's one of your own babies be they human or furry :)

Thinking of Tonic, get well soon x x

Thank you all. Really gone like a ditz and know nothing! ;D

Tonic's much better this morning. He isn't sneezing but his nose is still a little runny. He only had a blob of Vick on his nose!

He also went to sleep with me for a while last night, while I was wafting the Vick pot around him. It cleared him pretty quick. Which was great.

Like I said before, he scares me totally! ;) And I say that to him, he looks at me saying ' don't be daft Mummy, I only have a cold. Don't be silly', then he gives me a kiss 'I wont leave you, I love you' :-*

That's my Ton!

This morning after checking on him, he said no to a cuddle cos he wants to go to sleep! That's my boy! ;D

Once a day to start with - you can do it twice if needed but go with the one dose to see if it clears it.

Ahh Kelly, I've only just seen this post. How is the little man now? I hope he gets better very soon poor thing. Give him huggles from me.
x

Aww thanx all, and Kate for the dose.

I haven't given him any as yet. He's still a little snuffly, but still hasn't as yet sneezed, so think he's on the mend!

He's had some more Vick on his nose which is making him breathe better. Still eating and gone to sleep again, when I topped up the hay and the Vick!

Poor little mite.

Tonic's much better now.. he doesn't seem too sniffly or anything anymore, yet he doesn't seem himself..

He's eating fine and everything else is fine.. Think he may be a bit drained from being ill, so later on I might give him a bit of Metatone Tonic to perk my bab up!

oh Kelly, You have looked after him so well. Darling Ton. I do hope he feels chirpier tomorrow.

I'm sorry Kelly, he's had a full, happy life with you. 6 years! :) Give him lots of cuddles and kisses.

Love and hugs x x

Awwww Kell

Were all here if you need to talk.

Sending lots of kisses to you Ton

Thanx all so very much!

Think last night I just got so emotional for some reason! After he had some Metatone Tonic, he seemed quite well and perky - even chewing my phone, the little scamp!

This morning he's fine, even had a little popcorn about, which isn't like him in the mornings!
I still feel that he's a little down/drained. Possibly due to when he had that bout of sneezing and runny nose, and also due to his age! So going to give him a bit more Metatone Tonic this afternoon

Just keeping an eye on him for now!

xx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back