Nail Clipping - still feared after 24 years!

PigglePuggle

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
Ollie has the worst nails out of all our piggies, thick, black, curly... and his disabled back feet have freakishly long toes, the quick goes right to the end of his nails, even if his nails are almost 1cm long there are toes inside, can rarely take even 1mm off without bloodshed! Managed his front feet last week but after doing 2 back toes there was blood so I gave up... piggy daddy says I do the nails better than the vet nurse though, she has also chopped off Ollie's toes every time she's done his nails, at least I suppose I do it cheaper and immediately stop and bring out the coriander if there's any toe cutting...!

VickiA

Staff member
Reaction score
Ollie has the worst nails out of all our piggies, thick, black, curly... and his disabled back feet have freakishly long toes, the quick goes right to the end of his nails, even if his nails are almost 1cm long there are toes inside, can rarely take even 1mm off without bloodshed! Managed his front feet last week but after doing 2 back toes there was blood so I gave up... piggy daddy says I do the nails better than the vet nurse though, she has also chopped off Ollie's toes every time she's done his nails, at least I suppose I do it cheaper and immediately stop and bring out the coriander if there's any toe cutting...!
Ah yes, the restorative powers of coriander. Helps soothe the savage beasts after nail clipping trauma.

Betsy

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
Must do my lot tomorrow. Meg's are a nightmare as they are black apart from 3 nails, Betsy's front nails are awful as they are all twisted. Christian used to have to be made into a Christian sausage roll to do his nails but is fine now and most of the time Dennis just lies on his back and lets me clip away.

anyar.dris

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
Surprisingly, Vegas is usually a good girl when it's nail clipping time. She was so behaved when I was holding her and hubby was cutting the nails this morning. I even managed to cut it on my own a few times in the past. Sierra on the other hand, she was squeeking when we cut her nails 3 days ago. She won't even eat the dandelion that hubby was bribing her. We'll do Rocky's nails tomorrow. He's usually okay with it.