Nail varnish, worth the effort?

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

cavykind

When I was a bairn, I used to love to wear my nail varnish all day and every day while I worked in the Civil Service (still have nightmares about he place.)

Even when I started nursing, it would be applied religously on the start of my nights/days off.
Now it's special occaisions only ::)

I love to see beautifully manicured nails, but just don't seem to manage it anymore, just special occaisions really.

Do you use nail varnish and if not...why not >:( ;D

Barbara

linda.b

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I just wear nail varnish if i'm going out on the toon. Not very often! I love false nails but to be honest can't be bothered with the upkeep, so just wear them for special occasions. i do envy people with natural long nails, but with my job, mine don't last 2 minutes. To rub salt into the wounds, I merchandise false nails in sainsburys for one of my jobs! >:(

Reaction score
Love to have great nails! When I'm typing at work I look at my nails and think 'My God' Special if I have been cleaning the animals out before hand!

Mary

starshine

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I always used to - I loved my hands and nails.

I had MRSA earlier on in the year however and it originated on my right index finger so my hand and nail are very scarred now. No more nail varnish for me! I can't even wear my rings anymore as I've become hypersensitive to the metals in the aftermath of my infection.

Glynis

Forum Buddy
Reaction score
Yes i enjoy wearing for special occassions, but most of the time i just wear clear varnish to work. Can't stand it when you get served by someone with chipped nail polish UGH it looks so unkept :P

Sorry to hear that starshine, is it painful? I have eczema and my hands can be very dry and sore at times, but it sounds like you've a much worse situation.

J

Jillybean

It looks really nice but I've got horrible nails. I put the varnish on then forget and pull my socks up or something and end up with fluff all over it and creased bits because it hadn't dried properly, or I use some strong cleaner and it strips it off, or it chips when I'm cleaning the guineas out .... the list goes on! Don't I sound sad. How is it that some people always look so well turned out and then I look at me and I'm really scruffy, must be the animals - got to blame something. Where's that bottle of wine ...

L

lizz79

Jillybean said:
It looks really nice but I've got horrible nails. I put the varnish on then forget and pull my socks up or something and end up with fluff all over it and creased bits because it hadn't dried properly, or I use some strong cleaner and it strips it off, or it chips when I'm cleaning the guineas out .... the list goes on! Don't I sound sad. How is it that some people always look so well turned out and then I look at me and I'm really scruffy, must be the animals - got to blame something. Where's that bottle of wine ...
LOL that sounds like me! ;)

C

cavykind

The thing is there are some really beautiful colours available now....
Am I the only one who can remembr wearing black nail polish :o

Those were the days...sigh ;D

alisont

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I wear a very pale pink colour or clear most of the time - i do use an oil on the cuticles. I find manicures dont last 5 mins with me and i hate waiting for a salon job to dry ::)

Over summer i do get pedicures and re varnishes done every 3 weeks or so as i cant do the dark colours on my toes very well. Dont bother over winter - well might get them done for christmas?

Id only have a manicure for special occasions - i have my fave pale pink jessica polish that i keep using as its not tested on animals - not sure which other ones are cruelty free so i stick to jessica!

Lucinda

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I do my feet every Tuesday night ;D

I use a clear base coat first to keep the nails healthy. My fave colours are bright reds, pinks and purples - and black.

Never do fingers.

M

Marie

My nails grow so fast and long that i'm forever cutting and painting them! I mostly use pale pink colours or a light purple. Take it from me the one thing you don't want is long nails!

Reaction score
I ahve only in the past 2 years managed to get long nails and I am 45 amazing is'nt it, maybe soemthing to do with vit E I take, but I do use oil for my cuticles and a clear polish to keep them tidy but when I go out they do get a treat of some shiny sparkly deep pink varnish, I did do a french polish last year on my toes when I went away on cruise and they looked great brought a uv nail thingy and could'nt be bothered with it

Reaction score
I tend to wear coloured nail varnish in the summer when i'll be wearing flip flops and open toe shoes.. In the winter, I dont tend to bother unless i'm going out somewhere :)

Never usually paint my finger nails unless i'm going out and its a special occasion! haha

Reaction score
ive never had long nails...unfortunately ive always bitten them, tried to stop lots of times but just dont manage it.

When i was younger i did used to wear false nails on a night out, until one unfortunate night when after one too many, i managed to set fire to one of them.....i had to put it out by sticking my finger in my half a lager ;D

M

minky

I love nail varnish i dont wear it as often as i used to mainly cos i dont get out very much anymore other than to work

I'm too busy with my piggies !

Billies Mum

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I always have painted toe nails and wear clear on my finger nails

I

ilovepiggies

I love nail varnish and always have my toenails painted. I love to have my fingernails done too but I am a prefectionsist when it somes to them so I often start, make a mistake, take it all of and start again ;D

Status
Not open for further replies.