• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Nasty storm...

hannahs26

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
We are in the middle of what is like a tropical storm on North Wales, the likes of which I've never seen here before. Reminds me of my time in the rainy season in S. E. Asia.
Keep checking in my girls, who are alert and very jumpy, poor things. Hoping it doesn't stay much longer... Have had almost constant lightening and heaps of thunder for the past hour or so now.

I drove home from work just after 10pm, I was almost blinded several times by intense lightning flashes. It remained dry until I pulled up outside my house, as I was getting out of the car the heavens opened, in the 20 paces from the car to the house, I was soaked to the skin. Mog is out sheltering somewhere, I can't go to bed until he is in safely.

I'm sat up in bed . Watching the flashes of lightning getting brighter.
I've closed all Windows and piggies curtains . .
I'm bit scared. :soz::yikes:

I drove home from work just after 10pm, I was almost blinded several times by intense lightning flashes. It remained dry until I pulled up outside my house, as I was getting out of the car the heavens opened, in the 20 paces from the car to the house, I was soaked to the skin. Mog is out sheltering somewhere, I can't go to bed until he is in safely.
I hope Mog comes home safely very soon. It's insane weather - still constant flashes and rumbles 2 hours on...

I'm sat up in bed . Watching the flashes of lightning getting brighter.
I've closed all Windows and piggies curtains . .
I'm bit scared. :soz::yikes:
My girls are not at all happy with what they're hearing, and the flashes through their blinds. I've just shut my curtains after watchig it for 2 hours. Hoping it'll stop soon so we can all get some shut eye...

Ooh, I wonder if it's coming our way in the Midlands? 6-7pm ish we had clouds and constant rumbling thunder pass over very slowly, but only a little rain. It seemed to be heading in a vaguely northerly direction though, not coming from the west. Better get my earplugs out just in case!

I've just had a talk to piggies and we agreed if it gets loud they will look after me. . So kettle ready and I've left them lamp on so it break up the flashing lights.
The moon is orange. . I'm in Lancashire. Weird this.

I've just had to set up the temporary run in our lounge, as the sunroom was getting too scary for the girls, with Lola, the 5yr old teeth chattering while hiding away in a fleece hidey. Bless her. So now they're all moved, and with thick curtains they can hardly see the flashes, and it's a lot quieter in there too. Hoping they'll get some rest now, poor things (and I can stop worrying about them too)!

Both girls taking a while to wake up. Lol.
Florence seems ok. Breaky time for her.
Mrs Dougal bit quiet..... horrible night . Wet and colder here. .not really summer. . :clap:

Because I have an intense fear of thunderstorms and knowing we are under the weather warning, I kept checking the lightning tracker (to make sure nothing was heading this way before I tried to go to sleep) and saw how bad it was in Wales/west England are? Hope everybody is ok.

Back