• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

need a moan

Status
Not open for further replies.

daleksarah

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
theres no one around to listen to me vent and the piggies dont want to know so ive come to moan to you lot hope you dont mind
I'm fuming with my daughters school,she is getting bullied but they refuse to see the seriousness of it.ok its not actually a serious incident of bullying but its escalating into it and it needs stopping now.
theres a girl in her class,ellena, who has persistantly through out the school years (theyre in year 6 now) been friends with Georgia and than fallen out and become nasty towards her.through out the years once its been mentioned to the teacher at the time its been nipped in the bud and dealt with.However this year since January its started up again only its even nastier.i have spoken to the class teacher a few times,she made them become friends again yet that didnt last.
i spoke to the teacher last monday as its not just ellena now she is getting other children to be horrible to Georgia and her friend Cara has turned.cara said to georgia "sorry you were born".this i think is a disgusting comment to make yet the teacher didnt seem concerned and said they all have a lovely friendship and she`d hate them to lose it!WHAT
i told her straight that friends dont treat you how these girls have treated Georgia.

anyway friday ellenas new trick is to walk past Georgia in class and knock her chair against the desk!a supply teacher told her off once and she laughed!
the reason I'm fuming today is because i went in to speak to the head-she was in a meeting so couldnt see me okay fair enough so i asked for the teacher who said she was busy and i was promised she would phone within 10mins of school starting!well guess who hasnt called!pow-pow grrrr i am so cross as the teacher will not see that this is bullying(there are lots of other things that have gone on)

getting to see the head can be like trying to see the queen but i want this dealt with now.No one has the right to hurt my child emotionally or physically and shes has been having nightmares about it

I'm so sorry your daughter is going through this! This was my experience all through high school - nobody I told actually gave a damn. It's so hard when people are being horrible to you for no reason other than because they can :(
If you know the parents of these children maybe you could go straight to them and tell them what vile human beings their offspring are being. That might just put a stop to it.
I hope things get better!

ellena was always treated as a little princess until mummy got a new boyfriend and had a baby last year,you never see her mum around now!
caras mum thinks the sun shines out of her backside,last year when there were issues she thought georgia was picking on her daughter by getting her punished in school!(this was after Cara pinched Georgia and pushed her over)!
its sad because Georgia is such a good kid, shes friends with anyone and is so helpful,she would help anyone of you here without her knowing you!Ive brought her up to be kind and polite when she needs to turn around and punch these little brats!

oh amy thats so sad.its part of a teachers job to care about their pupils and their wellbeing.

It's part of the reason I want to teach - if I can make just one child's life easier then I will have achieved something. There should be a dark hole somewhere to push bullies into pow-pow
It made me stronger but it's not how anyone should learn to ignore what people do or say... your little girl deserves to be happy at school without this idiots ruining it for her.

Amy do it,you`ll become a great teacher as you`ll understand
i know children who bully tend to have problems at home but that does not give them the right to do what they want to other children.the parents should be pulled in and made to go to parenting classes

If you haven't got anything planned. Go to the school and demand to see the headteacher and your daughters teacher. If you have to sit there all day and get them before them before they go home. At the end of the day they know you are capable of spreading the word of telling parents of how awful the teachers there are at stopping bullying. I got bullied when i was a kid and my mum put a stop to it straight away. Schools should be a fun place for kids not somewhere they hate and scared. Hope you get this sorted soon.

oh I'm not letting this drop dont worry.I will go in at 3pm and ask to see the head and i will ask to see the bullying policy.once i have that i will be writing a nice letter to the governers

that is so horrible. I am super so sorry :( I was bullied in school and it has damaged me and stayed with me forever. If you get it stopped sooner rather than later it helps so I agree that going to the head is probably a very good move.

<3 x Hope things improve. love lexy x

Speaking as a former secondary school teacher I totally agree with Chrissy and I'm very glad you'll be pushing this. There can be a lot of diffculty in dealing with bullying at secondary level, but we often saw kids who had already learnt bullying behaviour in primary and it was firmly entrenched by the time they got to us. The more you push, the more the relevant people will try to do something about it and the more the message will get through that bullying is intolerable.

I had a girl join my tutor group who'd moved schools at the start of year 9, her confidence had been wrecked and she daren't speak to anyone because she'd been bullied. It took until halfway through year 9 and some supportive friendships inside the tutor group before she could raise her hand in class, but then her confidence started to grow again. She was never a loud person, but did manage to start putting her point across nicely in year 10 and did well in school overall. It is a sad fact of life that children bully other children, often over nothing and sometimes with no realisation of the pain they cause.

Please, please, for all the children's sake, push this as hard as you can and make sure the message gets through. Don't waver and don't be fobbed off. Be determined and make sure the teacher does something positive about it. There should be zero tolerance of any kind of bullying, that's the only way for children to learn that it is totally wrong.

Hold onto that righteous anger!

I would put your concerns in writing as a complaint to the head, advising that you don't feel it has been dealt with properly and are concerned for your daughter's well being, all complaints made have to be shown to Ofsted when inspected I believe so they may make more of an effort to address it.

This is one of the things I dread about being a parent8... mine aren't at school yet but even at playgroup my daughter tells me about one boy who picks on another and it fills me with dread.

OMG do not get me sarted on this subject, I hated secondary school as one girl made my life hell, to the point I wished I was dead.
As I got older (& wiser) I made the decision that if I ever had children I wouldn't let it happen to them.
My daughter had this in yr7 (she was 12) and an older girl made her life hell, she came to my house with a gang of 10 other kids (one of them carrying a bat) threatend my child and my mum and then started on me, I know I shouldn't have but I told her she had 3 seconds to get off my property otherwise I was gonna slap her in to next week, she carried on *****ing and I *****ed back 10mins later she ran off crying.
3hrs later there was a knock at my door whilst my youngest was in bed with 3 girls stood there fing and blinding and threatening my girl and when I wasn't having it she threatened me so I gave her what for grrrr
They turned up again at 11pm and I was fuming and just said 'right that was your last chance, you come again and I'll get the police' then I told the original girl to watch her back (:red).
It still carried on and the school weren't bothered so I spoke to my friend who's a legal exec she told me that the school has a legal obligation to keep every child safe (being bullied isn't keeping a child safe) so I phoned school to speak to the head to be told she was to busy to speak to a parent grrrr so then and there I threatened legal action.....10mins later I get a phone call from the head of the year saying sorry and they'll stop anything that starts.
It didn't work the girl and 2 mates followed my girl in to the toilets, they didn't touch her but made sure she was intimidated, I was fuming and my girl rufused to go to school so that's when I called the police.
They came out and we had a chat :) put my mind at rest completely, any child/parent can be prosecuted over certain acts of behaviour.
Tell school that something will be done today otherwise you'll go to the local authority and heads will roll.

I'm sorry she's going through this and I give you all my sympathy, girls can be evil.
Tell her 'chin up' and it will end x.
my daughter stood her ground in the end and told the girl to do whatever she was gonna do and get it over with.

I know it may sound really bad but some kids mum told her son to hit my son at school her kid did have anger issuse my son as suffered from alopecia due to stress he is that sensitive, anyway i went to the school and asked the head to sort ir just as the kids mum came in and i couldnt hold my temper when she said yeah i did tell him to do it do i put her on her ass in school reception and the head teacher dragged me off her now i am not violent i hates fights and confrontation but thats my boy and ilost my temper.

The kids are in a new school due to us moving and my daughter is top of her class (even went to an invite only gifted and talented placement) she is also very pretty outgoing and popular except this one very plain in every way girl keeps calling her names and yesterday she told friends she wanted to strangle my daughter I'm pretty sure shes jealous i been in the school I'm giving them one chance to sort it out (i was in there last week too) and then its a toss up wether i go round her house and slap her mother or call the police i know its harsh and believe me its completely out of character for me but these are my babies and i will do whatever i need to. i am going to the school but if they cant do anything then i will have to

Thanks everyone for your support,i still have not received a phone call from school.so what I'm going to do now is write a letter and go in at 3pm and ask to see the head,if shes not available i will leave the letter and demand that she at least reads it.
I'm trying not to approach the girls myself as it may make things worse especially since i cant control my mouth sometimes!

Every letter you write, write a double, so you hav ea copy. Date it, and if you send it send it recorded so you have a copy.

My secondary school shredded my records as they were about to be sued the hell out of that's how badly they treated me. My head of year was a name I shall not mention and called me a harlot. x

I know it may sound really bad but some kids mum told her son to hit my son at school her kid did have anger issuse my son as suffered from alopecia due to stress he is that sensitive, anyway i went to the school and asked the head to sort ir just as the kids mum came in and i couldnt hold my temper when she said yeah i did tell him to do it do i put her on her ass in school reception and the head teacher dragged me off her now i am not violent i hates fights and confrontation but thats my boy and ilost my temper.

The kids are in a new school due to us moving and my daughter is top of her class (even went to an invite only gifted and talented placement) she is also very pretty outgoing and popular except this one very plain in every way girl keeps calling her names and yesterday she told friends she wanted to strangle my daughter I'm pretty sure shes jealous i been in the school I'm giving them one chance to sort it out (i was in there last week too) and then its a toss up wether i go round her house and slap her mother or call the police i know its harsh and believe me its completely out of character for me but these are my babies and i will do whatever i need to. i am going to the school but if they cant do anything then i will have to

That's what being a mum is about (not the slapping bit....but well done).
They say the most dangerous place in the worls is to stand between a mother and child.
You hurt my baby I'll hurt you!
Yes children have to learn about life but this is one subject my girls will not learn the hard way!
And if I ever found out they'd done it to anyone else then god help them, a lot of this 'bullying' is down to 'can't be arsed' parents sorry but it is.
I've worked in schools and nurseries and you can see it starting to happen from a very young age.
It needs to stop FULL STOP.

And if I ever found out they'd done it to anyone else then god help them, a lot of this 'bullying' is down to 'can't be arsed' parents sorry but it is.
I've worked in schools and nurseries and you can see it starting to happen from a very young age.
It needs to stop FULL STOP.

oh yes so true its parents who cant be bothered!mine would be smacked so hard if i found them being nasty to another child and i dont smack!

No one has the right to make someone else feel inadequate and knock their self esteem through bullying,unfortunately in some schools i have seen it go on and teachers aware of it but not doing anything about it. children should be taught to treat others with respect and if you cant say anything nice then dont say anything at all

well finally at 1.45 the teacher phones me!apparently the head has spoken to Georgia about it and she is dealing with it.think the teacher was a bit annoyed i went over her head about it but she just says she is aware of the problems and its being monitored!so much so in front of teachers on friday the girls were being horrible towards Georgia which another parent witnessed!hmm
hopefully those girls will get a good telling off though personally i think i need to be put in red zone and have their parents called in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back