• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Need Help

Hi did you manage to get the surgery in Poole? Was it successful? I’m asking because I’m trying to find a cavy savy vet near Portsmouth to perform surgery on an old boar. I’ve been quoted £825 from one but I don’t really feel comfortable as they aren’t recommended on here.
thank you in advance.

Yes. Rachel is an excellent piggy vet. She has performed 2 successful operations on two of my piggies. One was a routine spay, the other was a very complicated abscess removal. Rachel used to be at my old Vets4 Pets but moved to Poole. When I moved last year I only went to that particular vets because Rachel was there.

It is better if you start your own thread for your particular problem with your boar as your problem may not be noticed and you may not be given the help or advice you need.

Yes. Rachel is an excellent piggy vet. She has performed 2 successful operations on two of my piggies. One was a routine spay, the other was a very complicated abscess removal. Rachel used to be at my old Vets4 Pets but moved to Poole. When I moved last year I only went to that particular vets because Rachel was there.

It is better if you start your own thread for your particular problem with your boar as your problem may not be noticed and you may not be given the help or advice you need.

Hi thank you very much, I will try to book in with her tomorrow. Do you know the average price for these ops? Just to pre warn my bank account 😂
I have my own thread but that was basically for the treatment option opinions. I was just reading through this post and thought it was worth a try at least. Thanks again.

I agree with what the rest is saying. If you're having her spayed, make sure it's an experienced vet. We had our girl spayed earlier this year. It was a tough choice. In the end it turned out her hair loss was due to a fungus on her skin and the cysts were on her kidneys instead of her ovaries, but without the surgery we would have never known that and she would have died very soon (unfortunately she is in a poor state now, but that has nothing to do with her cysts). So I am glad that we had it done, and she recovered SO fast from it all. Of course she'll stay bald for a while, but our girl was up and running very soon again and it was like nothing had ever happened to her. I'm curious to read what you decided to do and how things went!

Back