• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Neighbour's

jayne

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Neighbour's they upset me and i sent the council an email saying tell him to keep to his side of front garden because half his ours and council phone my mum up today saying they got an email from me and said I was the trouble parking on the grass but it's the neighbour he got the lawnmower on our path and watercan photo sent to council to show them tuat he is on our side but council is blaming me for causing trouble and want to send police to me

Anyone else been like me in this where neighbour takes over front bit you can see its half because my mum's bedroom window shows you half etc hate people ! Help ! Before I get a baseball bat to him that might work DSCN1453.JPG

Please calm down. And don’t do anything silly or dangerous. I’m not really sure what the problem is? Your neighbour walked on your front lawn? That’s not that bad is it? If it really is a problem for you and your family, could you just talk to your neighbour and ask them not to walk on your front lawn? Maybe they don’t know it annoys you so much.

So he cut the grass right across?

Ill be honest, I think a letter to him saying thank you would have been more appropriate than a complaint to the council.

Good neighbour relations should never be underestimated and petty fall outs can become problematic very quickly.

I may have got the wrong end of the stick and if I have I’m sorry, but if I haven’t I would recommend you calm down and consider an apology.
Does your mum know? I presume it’s her house.

Do you have a shared driveway and he is parking his car on your side of the driveway? Or has he cut your grass? Please don’t do anything silly, arguments with neighbours just aren’t worth it

I agree with the others.
It looks like a lovely shared space, so I am sure you can work something out.
It is far better to try and speak with them first before sending letters to the council.

Whenever we have moved into a new house we always start by sending a small note and a few chocolates to the immediate neighbours, introducing ourselves and saying that as we are new the area we are happy to be reminded of any unspoken rules or neighbourhood traditions that we might not be aware of.

We have lived in this house for years and it is standard practice here for newcomers to either come around and introduce themselves, send a small letter of introduction, or in some cases hold a cake and coffee morning. At first this all seemed a bit ott to be honest but it keeps the lines of communication open and makes for a civil and helpful neighbourhood.

Back