Neutered male behaviour towards females

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

maxthepig

Ive started worrying that Max might not actually like his two new girlies :(

His behaviour so far- has been a bit of mounting and chasing (not aggressive)
And he kind of follows round after them walking really slowly making brrring noises.

What does it mean?

They dont seem bothered by him at all- they just love food and actually seem quite confident.
I havent seen the three of them snuggled up yet, but thats because when i go in the room they usually scatter with fright!

Advice welcome please. (Its not a space or territory issue because they have a new c and c cage 4ft x 5ft. I wondered if its because he hasnt seem another piggie since he was very young? he was neutered about 8 weeks ago.)

Abnoba

Reaction score
Its called "randy" ;)

happens all the time.. introduced our boar marvin with girl Lily - brrrrrrrring until she nipped him often enough to show shes not interested. he completely stopped doing his little dance (swaying from one hindleg to the other, sort of walking like a sailor) and his purrrring. Then we got another girl, Milka - he started again immediately. New girls are always interesting :)
He chased her around the whole cage trying to mount her, and after one day of trying to hide she gave in and was holding still for him to mount her - poor little fella, after two seconds of being on top of her he sat down again... we had him neutered quite early and he just has no clue what to do once he is on top of her! he sort of gets off her with a confused look on his face, tries mounting her again, and stops again.. . ::) ;D

but now that we have had milka for two months or so, he has stopped that aswell. she is just not interesting enough anymore I suppose ;)

M

maxthepig

Thanks very much! So he actually likes them a bit too much :-* ;D
That did occur to me that he was a bit randy, but the swaying leg thing (exactly how you described) looks so odd that I dismissed it.

Hopefully he'll calm down soon then x

Beks

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
It's normal and as long as no fur flies, teeth chatter or are bared then you will find this a common occurence ;D

My boys have been neutered for a long while but they still regularly try their luck LOL! I would be more worried, if he wasn't trying....

Status
Not open for further replies.