• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

New cage wall height

piggyma

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I JUST built my two piggies a new home. It's 32 inches by 62 inches. Roughly 13 inches tall. My question of concern is, Would my piggies more than likely be able to jump the 13 inches over the wall of it? My first pig, he jumped over his play pen when I first got him. Granted he still hadn't grown real comfortable with me, so he had a good reason to jump & flee. I've had that piggy 3 months now, and he seems to love me now, lol. I got a second piggy finally, so I finally made the time to build a bigger home for them to grow up in.
It's not 100% finished, as I haven't been able to put a bottom on it yet, but I've got fleece on plastic to protect the floor. :) I still want to made a solid bottom for it, though. & Raise it eventually on legs if that'd be a good thing to do

Piggies aren’t really jumpers. So I’d say I don’t think it’s very likely. Having said that, one of my girls was a bit of a climber, so I didn’t (and don’t) put anything they can climb into and jump out the cage. But they’ve actually never attempted it.

I JUST built my two piggies a new home. It's 32 inches by 62 inches. Roughly 13 inches tall. My question of concern is, Would my piggies more than likely be able to jump the 13 inches over the wall of it? My first pig, he jumped over his play pen when I first got him. Granted he still hadn't grown real comfortable with me, so he had a good reason to jump & flee. I've had that piggy 3 months now, and he seems to love me now, lol. I got a second piggy finally, so I finally made the time to build a bigger home for them to grow up in.
It's not 100% finished, as I haven't been able to put a bottom on it yet, but I've got fleece on plastic to protect the floor. :) I still want to made a solid bottom for it, though. & Raise it eventually on legs if that'd be a good thing to do
We have a jumping bean acrobat piggy, Lady Piggle, who can and does jump 12 inches no problem, so I made my C&C 2 grids high everywhere except where its against the wall. I like the 2 grids high as can put more hidey houses against the sides and in the corners and never worry about the piggies getting out or anything else getting in!

We have a jumping bean acrobat piggy, Lady Piggle, who can and does jump 12 inches no problem, so I made my C&C 2 grids high everywhere except where its against the wall. I like the 2 grids high as can put more hidey houses against the sides and in the corners and never worry about the piggies getting out or anything else getting in!
And 2 grids high means we can have these nice corner castle houses with a fleecy pad and some posh hay on the roof deck, as modelled here by little Lady Puggle!
20190814_142048.jpg

I have moved these comments to a new thread as the member gallery for C&C cages is not for discussion but for showing/information on homemade cages

Back