new here

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

trance

Hi all
I am new to guinea pig keeping and have just bought 2 boys who are living inside. They are very timid and run away when I approach them.
I bought gerty guinea but have ordered tescos food after reading the reviews on here. :)
Look forward to getting to know my guineas and you all. :)

Mary

Reaction score
Nice to see you here! I have 3 guinea pigs of my own and 3 rescues in at the mo. Plus lost of other animals. What name have you given to your pigs

Mary

bevs

Reaction score
Hi welcome to the forum :)

I also have 2 indoor boys, Piggie and Chester.

Bev x x

T

trance

Hi they are called Bill and Ted.
On average , how long will it take before they stop running away from me :(
Was also wondering about toys. Have looked at a seesaw, a tube and a ka bob. Wodered if they were appropriate before I spend money.
Thanks for the lovely welcome so soon :)

bevs

Reaction score
Mine love the plastic balls that have a bell inside, like a cat ball. They head nudge it all around the cage!

Mary

Reaction score
I have picked mine up from Oxfam, just plain baby toys. Mine also have a ball full of hay (Rollin Hay Balls) It just makes them work for their food.

Mary

gus and jack

Reaction score
Hi, I've had my two boys for a month and they still run away sometimes. If I have food, especially parsley, theyll stick their noses in the air and snuffle around my hands. They'll even climb up onto my knee during floortime if I have parsley. Unfortunately they wont look twice if all I have is a stinky carrot, ::) Patience and finding their favourite food worked for me.

G

gothchick1515

Zubins a year old and he wont stop running away they are all so different but i just go ahead and pick him up it doesnt cause him distress he loves cuddles! each piggie has a different personality e.g my harry loves attention and will never say no to coming out give them time and you will see their personalities and hopefully they will let you pick them up soon x

C

claire

Hi

Welcome to the forum.

I have 2 gorgeous piggies, Bokki and Beni :)

Love
Claire
x

Status
Not open for further replies.