🏠New Huge £17 (nearly 7x6) Guinea pig Home 🥰🦋🏠

Tara95

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
received_204450051345079.jpeg
Hello all, I just to share how easy and cheap it is to make a huge cage for your guinea pigs which is I think is less than half the price of the miniature 100cm x 50, which are unfortunately are commonly sold in pets at home and infact was my first indoor guinea pig cage. Not only do you save money but the guinea pigs have 10 X the space. It's also a small fraction of the price of the minimum requirements cages which are often very pricey for the space they provide! I wanted to maximize the space and use every cm of space I could, I knew I wanted it in this room so I didn't use my C & C grids to make the main Cage. I ordered corroplax and used two sheets of this and it slotted together and measured it exactly so the sides would press up against the wall so the guinea pigs would be unable to get out, the correx unable to move and provide protection to the wall and be very easy to clean! The cage is around 228cm x 213cm providing the guinea pigs with over 52 square feet of living space. The fleece I use is also very cost effective also, it's £2.99 per polar fleece and underneath I just use puppy pads and only change the pads when needed. I used the left over grids that I didn't use for the main Cage to create a second story which is completely separate to the cage which I didn't place against the wall, to allow the guinea pigs to run round and do scalectrics (which they do all the time as well as providing numerous hideys). To add to this it's fairly simple to move when cleaning as it is not attached to the cage so this can be placed anywhere in or out of the cage making it more interesting for the guinea pigs. To add to this, the plastic grids at the top stop the hay falling out! The second story and the ladder also provide around 5 different hideys to my herd of 5 which they often use!
Sorry for my long post I hope someone finds this useful! 💕🏠🐖🦋

Annie's pets

New Born Pup
Reaction score
This looks absolutely amazing :love: these guinea pigs have so much space !
I bet they love it in there, I ,made the same mistake by getting a pet store bought cage from pets at home to but now my two girls are in a 3 times 4 c and c cage [ or as I like to call it an enclosure ]
Such a creative idea that you have for those piggy's there, I also love the ramp where they have hay up there to is so amazing 😆

Tara95

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
This looks absolutely amazing :love: these guinea pigs have so much space !
I bet they love it in there, I ,made the same mistake by getting a pet store bought cage from pets at home to but now my two girls are in a 3 times 4 c and c cage [ or as I like to call it an enclosure ]
Such a creative idea that you have for those piggy's there, I also love the ramp where they have hay up there to is so amazing 😆
Thank you ❤ it's so easily done! And I bet your guinea pigs love all their space too! My guinea pig's literally use every inch of space and are always running round but as a species they've got a reputation for being quite sedamentary but I think that's due to small cage sizes that don't allow them to run! The whole design was to reduce the amount of hay/mess on the fleece but it still ends up getting messy mid-week! :)