• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

New indoor hutch - ETA 1 hour !

Status
Not open for further replies.

lauraboara

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Oh new indoor hutch for winter accommodation on the way in a van. Now in a flap. Have work meeting at 3pm too. Piggies seem to have taken over house, garden and life....:)

:D Hope you manage to fit everything in! You will have to post pictures when it arrives!

Thanks mullsi! The hutch has arrived and looks totally huge in my utility... It is 3 storey / layered hutch for 4 boars - 2 separated and a pair. The OH doesn't actually know it is arriving or indeed has been bought:)) but I think he might spot it.....
I will post pictures but slightly nervous :red as each layer is 4x2 which is following RSPCA guidelines but some forum people believe is too small for pair of boars and i don't want a bashing! I simply could not fit bigger than 4ft long in the house:(. This is only for winter accommodation, they have bigger hutches outdoors for the better weather months.

Well the boys have moved into their indoor custom built hutch with mixed results!
The big grown up pair of boys are totalled chilled and are lying around relaxing as if they have always lived there:) Good boys.

The troublesome teenagers however appear completely freaked out and are in major sulks. To be fair on them, they have not experienced indoor lifestyle before so I suspose it is just a change. Have anyone elses piggies taken a while to adjust to indoor winter accommodation?:{:{

my 2 rescue boars have taken along time to adjust to indoor life as always been outdoors and 3 months on still quiet skittish so have them in a quiet part of the house, i put them outside for that really nice weather we had and they chilled straight away outside.

Sorry not much help hope the hubbie was not to shocked arriving home to a giant cage inside his house :(|)

my 2 rescue boars have taken along time to adjust to indoor life as always been outdoors and 3 months on still quiet skittish so have them in a quiet part of the house, i put them outside for that really nice weather we had and they chilled straight away outside.

Sorry not much help hope the hubbie was not to shocked arriving home to a giant cage inside his house :(|)

Thanks Dylansmummy for reply - glad to know other piggies are having to adjust to moving inside. The boys have been wheeking at me this morning so I think they are getting used to the idea! And they have avoided the mega frost that we have outside today and can hear when the cucumber leaves the fridge:) They are still hiding more than usual tho so it may take a bit of time to adjust?

Yes - hubbie did spot new hutch unfortunately! He reminded me that we were meant to get 2 piggies only in May - 3 hutches, 4 guinea pigs, 2 runs, piles of hay, food and veggies later.........:) And we are going boar dating next week - which the OH doesn't know yet either:(|)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back