• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

New piggies stinking the place out!

Ah I hate the smell of megazorb! I've never seen snowflake shavings I'll Google, tbh I've just avoided shavings in general, we use fitch and hay and back2nature in litter trays for bunnies and it's always been fine so I've never looked elsewhere haha

It certainly has a distinct aroma! I find it dissipates quickly but all mine are in sheds so its less of an issue for me

my preference is for Back2Nature but it's heavy, especially when it's had liquid on it (I think you know what I mean). Megazorb doesn't really smell of anything except Megazorb, but it's not a smell everyone can get on with. Wood shavings smell great out of the pack when there's a new layer down, but that doesn't last long. Carefresh is probably the best overall but the expense isn't worth it.

the Nature's Own wood shavings were great though and I wish I'd bought more than one pack. Lesson learnt for next time!

It certainly has a distinct aroma! I find it dissipates quickly but all mine are in sheds so its less of an issue for me
Ahh yea I couldn't hack it indoors, we tried the horse bedding too which is hemp but I found out I'm allergic so we stick to fitch! 😆

my preference is for Back2Nature but it's heavy, especially when it's had liquid on it (I think you know what I mean). Megazorb doesn't really smell of anything except Megazorb, but it's not a smell everyone can get on with. Wood shavings smell great out of the pack when there's a new layer down, but that doesn't last long. Carefresh is probably the best overall but the expense isn't worth it.

the Nature's Own wood shavings were great though and I wish I'd bought more than one pack. Lesson learnt for next time!
Ah hopefully that means the fitch will work well then :)

Oh do they not sell them anymore then? I think I ordered some forage and hay for my buns from there once and they werent that keen.

Oh that's another question do piggies do dried forage at all? I picked some fresh forage earlier for them and they loved that but I do feed my buns dried forage too sometimes, but I've noticed piggies seem to be all about the fresh veggies, herbs and forage!

they do, but I generally order my hay and that from elsewhere (my pair are fussy, it's stalky timothy or nothing) so most of the time I can't justify an order.

Oh do they not sell them anymore then? I think I ordered some forage and hay for my buns from there once and they werent that keen.

Oh that's another question do piggies do dried forage at all? I picked some fresh forage earlier for them and they loved that but I do feed my buns dried forage too sometimes, but I've noticed piggies seem to be all about the fresh veggies, herbs and forage!
Have you tried the odd flaked pea lol

Dried forage absolutely!
My lot get it instead of pellets most nights.
There is a member of this forum who runs a business selling piggy and bunny safe forage - Piggie Parcels. Absolutely brilliant variety.

Yea I got some. The male wouldn't take one, female did tho, they seem more into the fresh food honestly!
Yeah mine love their romaine, cucumber, tomato, kale on occasion, parsley and coriander, spring greens, melon and bit of banana, carrot, fresh grass and dandelion etc

they do, but I generally order my hay and that from elsewhere (my pair are fussy, it's stalky timothy or nothing) so most of the time I can't justify an order.
Ahh I see!

We get our hay from Timothyhay.co.uk, the piggies are going nuts for the soft timothy atm 😆

Dried forage absolutely!
My lot get it instead of pellets most nights.
There is a member of this forum who runs a business selling piggy and bunny safe forage - Piggie Parcels. Absolutely brilliant variety.
Ah thanks for the recommendation I'll have a look :) that's good to know I'll try them with some

Ahh I see!

We get our hay from Timothyhay.co.uk, the piggies are going nuts for the soft timothy atm 😆
I get a variety, soft bedding, Timothy, and get big bale from a pet shop that also sells stuff for horses and other animals , camomile hay

Back