New Piggy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Callie

I'd just been considering getting a friend for Smudge (my lonley boy, his brother died 5 weeks ago and he hates being on his own, plus my other two boys just havn't taken to him at all!). When this morning my vets phoned and said they had just been handed in a guinea pig that the family no longer wanted, it was too much work and the kids had lost intrest! Did I know of anyone who would like another piggy! Well I just thought how freaky because I'd only started thinking about getting another piggy yesterday! It's like fate! So I said to the vets I would take him, so I popped up to the vets to pick him up and was amazed at just how gorgeous his is! I think he's a texel but not very sure on that, maybe someone could tell me of his breeding please? I've brought him home and he's in his temporary cage just now settling in, he's very scared don't think he's had much interaction! I gave him some veg. and he just looked at it like 'what's this?' Don't think he's had any either. His coat needs a bit of a brush but I'll let him settel in before I do that! He hiding in his hay just now, peeking out every now and again! He's such a cutie! So pics! Here goes, not sure of his age the woman didn't say that much about him.

Isn't he cute? Will get more pics once he's settled.

D

DebbieR

He is adorable. I really hope he settles in quickly and he becomes lifelong friends with your other piggy :)

Reaction score
awww he's just gorgeous! :)

How could anyone not want him :(

Hope he settles in ok ;)

Trace x

C

Callie

Hi thanks for all the replies! He's a bit calmer now and is letting me rub his nose which he seems to like! He doesn't have a name the woman who handed him in to the vets didn't say what he was called. She didn''t give much information on him, in fact my vet said she left fairly quickly! I just don't know how anybody could not want him! So any suggestions on names?

C

cavykind

Too much hard work and the kids had lost interest? He is only a baby, or not much more than one looking at the picture.

Yes he does look as though he is a Texel, he'll need a lot of coat care, regular grooming and trimmng as he gets older. I love long-haired guinea pigs and think they are worth the extra work :)
He's a lovely boy!

Barbara

kayjay

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
He's gorgeous :) How can one pig be too much work? I can understand if you end up with, say, a dozen, being a lot of work, but one? Makes you wonder the story behind that as he's only a baby. Anyway, glad you've got him, he's a darling

C

Callie

I know I kinda understand if the kids have lost intrest and he is a lot of work with his long hair! Thats me with two long haired piggys now, but I love long haired piggys! Better they handed him in to find a better home, rather than leaving him in a cage with no interaction and little care! He's a wee charecter already! Likes to knock his food bowl over! Still thinking of a name!

C

Callie

Just decided on a name for him...... Bailey! Beautiful Bailey! He's really settling in now and has even popcorned a few times! I've also managed to give him a cuddle, although he was very scared so it was a short cuddle! Hopefully he'll soon come round!

Niki

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Callie said:
Just decided on a name for him...... Bailey! Beautiful Bailey! He's really settling in now and has even popcorned a few times! I've also managed to give him a cuddle, although he was very scared so it was a short cuddle! Hopefully he'll soon come round!
Lovely name Callie, it suits him :)

Status
Not open for further replies.