New Puppy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Weedelly

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi
I just got a new border collie puppy (Roary) about 3 weeks ago and I was wondering if it is possible for him and my guineas to be friends? And if so how would I go about doing that?
I have brought the guineas out a couple of times to let Roary see and with Olly he just sniffed him. But when I brought Bradley out he tried to bite him (playfully).
Any advice would be great

Flutterby

Anniversary Herd
Reaction score
For safety reasons I wouldn't put your puppy in a position to touch your pigs. Yes, get him used to being 'around' them, but not ever in a place where he could get hold of them. It have two terrier and although they are used to the pigs they never get left along near them and both my runs have lids etc so that dogs can't gain access. It only takes a second for the pigs to get hurt no matter how much they have seemed fine before. It's just not worth the risk.

Jerrybelly

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I agree with Flutterby. Dogs, no matter how well trained, still have natural instincts. It would just take a second for your dog to seriously harm, or kill, your piggies, so it is not worth the risk.

Humfred

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I agree with what's said above. Especially when it comes to a breed like border collies. Can I see the puppy though? :)) Pretty please? :inn:

Status
Not open for further replies.