• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

NHS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gothchick1515

As many of you know my eldest sister Charlotte has a dislocated hip and it has been causing her alot of pain in the last few months, anyways after lots of appointments etc her op is tomorrow, my mum got told that she needed to come in today at 2pm and the drs would run tests etc, my sister needs 24 hr care so my mum has no choice but to stay with her the whole 2 weeks, so she went to the ward three weeks ago and spoke to the head nurse saying charlotte would be a pain for anyone in the ward with her and that she needed her own room as she would cry if my mum left her, cry if she couldnt watch Balamory and want to watch Balamory all the time and in a adults ward people dont want to hear it! anyways the nurses said she would get a private room, and my mum could stay so my mum was ok about today and so we all went up their together. we arrived at the hospital and a nurse said 'can i help you' we said yeah charlottes hear for her operation and they said nope we dont have a Charlotte on our books and rang someone else who said yep come on down to the relitives room, so we did and we waited and waited and waited..... then about a hour and a half later a nurse said sorry to keep you waiting we have a bed now my mum went ' please tell me thats in a private room!' the nurse said no a ward, why? my mum looked like she was going to cry she tried to explain to the nurse but she wouldnt listen and said she had to stay in the ward, this ward is full of old people who have lost it! one women called everyone Kath and keeps saying her windows stuck! and the others are all talking to themselves, charlottes 20 years old but will not tolerate not having Balamory, and will SCREAM if my mum leaves her! my mum said so wheres my bed and they said oh are you staying and she was like do you not read a persons notes charlotte cant be alone! there was not bed sides for charlottes bed, no bed for my mum and no television! even though this was all promised three weeks ago! i cant see my mum cry so i had to leave my dad has gone back up there to try and sort it and a nurse was looking for a room when i left but its the NHS so i very much doubt anything will come of it! i think that if Charlotte does SCREAM! then they might get there butts into gear and get her a room because its not a case of it would be nice if she has one SHE HAS TO HAVE ONE! for her dignity and my mums sanity! i had to rant about this cos its making me so angry and i keep crying because they have to stay their two weeks! :'( I'm gonna miss them as it is without knowing they're stuck in hell! xx :'( :'( >:(

Aww darling what a pain! The NHS is really getting bad these days. But it's great that Charlotte's now having the op! :)

You know where I am if you ever need to chat.

Big hugs to you

x

I can't be bothered with the NHS.. I've been sent appointments I don't even need.
Hopefully they'll give her a private room after the op when one becomes available :)
Hope it all went well.

Will be thinking of your sister and you tomorrow.
Hope all goes well for her.

Our Irish hospitals are no better.
Last time I had to take one of the kids to A+E we were there for 9.5 hours before we got seen.
when I arrived the waiting room only had 8 in it.

karen

aw your poor mum, all it took was for some one to take charge of the admitence you would think some one would have had enough brains to see the whole procedure through and for some one to spend 2 weeks like that would have been in human, can understand how you are so upset sweet heart, you rant all you like

Hi Verity.

How did things go for your sister today?
I hope all went ok.

Hope you are ok too? Big hugs to you and your sister and mum

karen

the operation went well though she is still not home nad we did have a few scares but she is ok now nad laughing nad i might add touching up the doctors! she keeps touching the male drs bums the younger the better! shes got a real reputation there now! once shes home things here can get back to normal again x x

shes like any normal 20yr old isnt she! any dr and she like I'm avin some of tht and she nos she can get away with it lol so funny,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back