Nightclub fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

alisont

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I spent the day in Wolverhampton yesterday - met friends for lunch and a few beers then at 5pm met vegan/animal rights meal/meet up.

We stayed drinking til 10pm when my friends went onto Edwards club in Birmingham - I was 50:50 about it but decided id been drinkning since lunch and was 1/2 asleep so went home........

This morning i see this on the news:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/west_midlands/6140588.stm

http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30100-13551909,00.html

:o :o :o

I text my friend at 10am and hes only just rang back at 4pm - was asleep as he didnt get home til 6am. He was in the loo when smoke came thru the walls :shock: and said it was terrible in there with fire exits left and bouncers still letting people in, and trying to get people out at the same time. How no one got hurt was amazing. I'm so glad they are ok. I'm also glad i didnt go.

Edwards was one of my fave haunts most fri/sats from 16 to early 20's!

Cant believe its been destroyed :(

Alison

kayjay

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
OMG that's awful, thank goodness everyone got out, in my clubbing days it was one of my fears as you're often too drunk to think clearly etc. How lucky you decided you were too tired to go

F

Fr0ggy

I can't believe it! I used to go to Edwards nearly every weekend when I was younger-at least no one was hurt-I'm really shocked though

S

snugglypig

So glad no one was hurt.

it could of been a real tradagy at least bricks and mortor can be re built. but lives could not have been replaced

karen

alisont

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I decided to get the Wolverhampton to Stourbridge bus at 10.15pm, it went up the Penn Road at 10.25pm and on the news it says a policeman was shot twice on the Penn road at 10.30pm :shock:

The bus went straight past that hotel where it happened

I think a good luck/avoid trouble angel was watching over me last night!

D

DebbieR

I think there's definately someone looking after you at the momeny Alison. Maybe you should stay home for a while. Your guardian angel must be knackered ;D

Reaction score
DebbieR said:
I think there's definately someone looking after you at the momeny Alison. Maybe you should stay home for a while. Your guardian angel must be knackered ;D

got visions of this little guardian angel sitting breathing heavy saying no more please no more, give the angel a rest i say lol ;D ;D ;D
so glad every ones ok,
last week we also had a major fire of the Bejing Palace an upper class chinese restaurant very expensive in Ryde it was a a listed building and had a wonderful thatched roof all painted in black and white, it gutted the place hay was all over the roads and this past week has been grounded nothing at all left, yet it was a major attraction to Ryde cant imagine it with out it, all the postcards have it on, guess it will have to be rebuilt as its listed, apparently a drip of condensaton dripped into the hot fat and we all know what happens if water hits hot oil dont we?

B

BEATRICE

I also went to Edwards most months but a few years ago now. Wow shocking news just glad nobody was hurt.

Status
Not open for further replies.