Noisy Piggies - Neighbour trouble?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Our piggies make loads of noise when its early in the morning and I open the fridge door... ::)

I have to say I do encourage it though because its kinda cute... :P

Anyway, this morning they were especially loud, when my boyfriend said he wonders if the neighbours can actually hear it next door.

That made us wonder, some people keep eight or more piggies in their house (dont even want to think about the people with sheds and 40 upwards piggies..) - did you ever have neighbours complaining about the noise?

I mean there are enough people who complain about barking dogs, and piggies sound even shriller and are more nervewrecking, arent they? Anyone ever got into trouble because of noisy piggies?

Reaction score
Squeak is especially loud in the mornings when she sees or hears me moving around - plus I stick my head out of the bedroom window in the morning and say morning to them :) hehe ;) - Cant say the neighbours have ever said a word about it tho - not even in the summer when everyone had their windows open at night....

A lot of people probably dont even know what a gp sounds like anyway, so if they did hear a squeaking - would probably think it was just a animal in the garden or something maybe? ?

Trace xx

J

Jenni75

Our neighbours would complain if they thought it was my crew but we have birds near us that have the same high pitched squeak which is quite useful! Until Freddy starts peeping back at them in a strange bird/gp conversation..... :D

C

chinakit

When I used to do guinea pig rescue, I had a really awful neighbour. At that time I had around 30 guineas in my shed at any one time, and this woman actually contacted the environmental health, because there were obviously 'animal faeces' in my shed and she thought my guineas would pass diseases on to her baby.

The Env Health visited me, told me there was no problem and told me who had complained. Ended up having a big row with that *person* and never spoke to her again. Some people are just born stupid.

P

purplegem1985

my goodness! we have such noisy piggies too!

We have to open the back door walk outside and then unlock the shed door and two of ours Cody and Flec wheek sooo loud and you get in the shed and they wheek more and you rustle the hay bag and they wheek more.. i've actually told them to shut up before now because they are sooo loud and go on and on and on. i'll try and record it one day and you can hear it..

my goodness.. for youngins they dont half have a set of lungs on them!

P

piglover

Glad I'm not the only one who worries about the neighbours! I've only got three but when they pipe up together at 6.30am for brekkie I do worry! Luckily my neihgbour on oneside is deaf as a post but the other one would say something if she heard them I'm sure - she doesn't even know I have piggies! I figured if I didn't tell her she wouldnt be able to put 2+2 together. Also I live in the woods practically so we have loads of birds chirping around and also I have a parakeet (which she does know about) so she may think its him, although he must be the quietest bird I've every had, probably cant compete with the piggies!

Reaction score
chinakit said:
When I used to do guinea pig rescue, I had a really awful neighbour. At that time I had around 30 guineas in my shed at any one time, and this woman actually contacted the environmental health, because there were obviously 'animal faeces' in my shed and she thought my guineas would pass diseases on to her baby.

The Env Health visited me, told me there was no problem and told me who had complained. Ended up having a big row with that *person* and never spoke to her again. Some people are just born stupid.
what a cow, my piggys make a little noise especially at opening up time, my neighbours dont mind it but they are moving and if the new neighbours dont like it TOUGH but living by the sea the sea gulls make more then enough noise,

K

KatsCavies

My piggies are in a shed and even when I had 103 of them I never had any complaints about noise. I only have 24 pigs now and they can still make a racket ;D. The degus make more noise tho running in their wheels which they seem to do 24/7 ::)

Kat

kayjay

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Well on one side we have a hideous arrogant horrid aggressive neighbour (I don't like him if you haven't guessed ;)) so I couldn't care less what he thinks. On the other side is a lady who is the nurse at our local vets and she's already said she doesn't mind what I have as obviously she's an animal lover. Just need to start saving for a proper guinea pig shed :D

J

Jenni75

Same as you Kayjay! Though previously we had a drunken lady on our right so not sure how she would have taken the animals but luckily she moved with months of us buying our house and we now have a lovely neighbour that doesn't mind my pets at all. Thank god! So far Iggy (my cat) has been sitting with them in their garden and then following them inside and when Meg (my dwarf lionhead rabbit) escaped they found her running around their garden quite happily! And I've heard them laugh when they hear my piggies wheeking for me and me telling them to hold on a minute......white jacket may be turning up for me shortly though!

Status
Not open for further replies.