• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Norovirus

Emx93

Forum Donator 2023/24
Reaction score
So my just turned 2 year old got a late birthday present of norovirus 😷😷 now I'm just waiting for the 3 year old, 6 year old and mummy and daddy to come down with it 😷

I really hate sick! Third time this year we've had a tummy bug in the house 😷 joys of children 🤔 hope she's better soon! It's been going round our area, two local schools actually shut due to an outbreak last week 🤦‍♀️

Hope she gets well soon and that no other family members come down with it! I've only had norovirus once - Christmas 2007, I'll never forget - and once was more than enough.

I had this, I caught it from my wife... She works as a teaching assistant in a primary school, it hits you instantly, it doesn't mess about, I said to her, I think I've got that norovirus and straight away was sick like never before. I hope you all are OK 👍.

Sorry, hope she’s better soon and fingers crossed for the rest of you. My daughters’ school has had the stomach bug make the rounds twice. More recently there were only 13 children in year 6! My daughter has caught it both times unfortunately.

Oh no, really sorry it's not that long since your last tummy bug outbreak in the house either! Fingers crossed it's gone as quick as it appears. One of our local schools closed this week after 120 pupils got ill

Thankyou it seems to be going round everywhere doesn't it, one minute she was playing happily smiling at me and giving kisses the next minute she was projectile vomiting everywhere 🤮 touch wood she's not been sick for a few hours but she does have the runs still 🤦‍♀️ she went to playgroup Tuesday, another child from the playgroup also came down with it yesterday so I think it's come from there 🤷‍♀️ xx

Apparently the outbreak started in the North East. I see it on Google news. When I had that norovirus at the same time as my wife, we both had it bad for 2 or 3 days, and then you just feel hungover from it for about a week

Shes still doing OK this morning, saying her tummmy hurts and runs and won't eat but managing breast milk and water 😄 just got back from taking dog for a walk, she stayed home with daddy obviously lol xx

I hope she gets better soon - I keep hearing about it and loads of people are suffering.. worse for little ones as the sick just comes with no warning for them! I would be spraying dettol on anything and everything that moves to prevent the spread.. Hope the rest of the family avoid it x

Where on earth has this virus come from? It seems to be a recent thing, I don’t remember a virus like this when I was young or my son was young, it just seems to have appeared in this last ten years?

Don't know, but it spreads through food and drink, when I used to work in a food factory, you were told you have to call in sick whenever you had sickness or diarrhea, and even when you were well again, you had to go into a non food handling section for 2 weeks after, people couldn't afford time off, so they would still go in if they didn't have the runs or sickness part.

I'm so sorry you are having an awful time. We were supposed to visit a friend this afternoon and he got in touch saying he's had norovirus for 3 days now. The poor guy is 93 y.o. 😔

Hopefully your kids get better soon and won't spread to the rest of the family.

Oh dear not having a fun time! Hopefully it won't take long for your girls to get better and I hope that you don't get it either. Have you tried to get some flat (full fat) lemonade into them. It's what the nurse at the Drs Surgery recommends.

Back