• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Nose Strip / Nose Stripe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Veggies Galore

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
2 of my sows ( Bess and Sparkle ) are very prone to getting an "parting" on their noses - and the skin is very flakey.

I have seen a few threads on here which describe this problem ...

Benjamin's Nose Diary - Bacterial/Fungal infection

Fungal Nose Stripe

Fungal? Nose Stripes

The stripe on their noses...

Following the advice on these threads, @pig in the city - ( and the Gorgeous Guineas website) I am going to try a product from Gorgeous Guineas ( I've decided to try the Kwench Lotion) - but, while I wait for the order to come , I'm going to try some Daktarin.

Here are some pictures ( sorry for the poor quality) .

Bess's nose isn't too bad so, I'm going to wait for my Kwench Lotion to arrive.

Bess.jpg
Sparkle's nose has a definite parting ...
IMG_1344.JPG
a picture of Sparkle in the hutch
Modeling thermometer too !.jpg
She's not talking to me - now I've put the cream on !
IMG_1352.JPG

Last edited:
2 of my sows ( Bess and Sparkle ) are very prone to getting an "parting" on their noses - and the skin is very flakey.

I have seen a few threads on here which describe this problem ...

Benjamin's Nose Diary - Bacterial/Fungal infection

Fungal Nose Stripe

Fungal? Nose Stripes

The stripe on their noses...

Following the advice on these threads, @pig in the city - ( and the Gorgeous Guineas website) I am going to try a product from Gorgeous Guineas ( I've decided to try the Kwench Lotion) - but, while I wait for the order to come , I'm going to try some Daktarin.

Here are some pictures ( sorry for the poor quality) .

Bess's nose isn't too bad so, I'm going to wait for my Kwench Lotion to arrive.

View attachment 55428 View attachment 55429
a picture of Sparkle in the hutch
View attachment 55430
She's not talking to me - now I've put the cream on !
View attachment 55431

Yes, that is a typical fungal strip; it is very mild fungal, so no worries about catching it.

Yeah, we have had this once it cleared up with some cream.

If it gets very crusty l use some of the gorgeous guinea melt on it. It helps to lift the crusts off. They are still lovely, stripes or not!

We have a couple with this too, we are using Canesten. They both arrived with it.

I've found surolan ear drops for dogs and cats applied topically to be brilliant with mild fungal spots (it's anti fungal). It was prescribed by a piggy savvy vet when Poppet arrived with fungal on her nose, under her eye and on her ear edges and I was sceptical but worked a treat applied 2x a day for 10 days

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back