• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Notable Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tiamolly123

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
i do feel for some, who tag someone only to find that is not there speciality, or people you do tag & are told off. My reaction when it happened to me was probably the same as yours, sod you, I'm only trying to help, I'm off. You can also see the the other point of view, that they are answering no end of queries & don't actually enjoy the forum.
So can the mods & admins or any other notable members.
How about each one tells us there special either a Sticky.
Or if possible put it up where the green bar is, this maybe a better option.

Yes I've read that post, but I still think a name & what there strengths are in particular areas would be great. By putting it in the green bar, it will ensure that the person you tag, will know about the subject.

I don't think anyone gets told off for tagging people on the forum.

The tagging system is there to alert posters to a particular thread or when some expert advice may be required like tagging furryfriends(TEAS) in to a dental questions because of their knowledge. or when you want to tag someone in for a chat etc....

Sometimes one of the Health and Illness notable posters maybe away from the forum for a reason for a few days and not wished to be tagged in, they normally will say this in a thread in forum announcements... Obviously these announcements do get missed from time to time but I am sure they don't get upset and annoyed at being tagged in.

Yes I've read that post, but I still think a name & what there strengths are in particular areas would be great. By putting it in the green bar, it will ensure that the person you tag, will know about the subject.

I can't add that to the green bar I am afraid. But we can start a sticky based on what @PiggyOwner mentioned

You could just tag all health and illness people in the thread, then one of us will get to it when we are on. I work long hours and don't get home until at least 7 most days and then I have 18 pigs to clean out and dinner to do so am not always able to be on in the evenings, or at least not until later and by then a lot of the threads have been answered. I do try my best to come on on my lunchbreak though and before I leave work.

I tend to get tagged when it comes down to going on holiday with piggies which is fine, and as I am set up to receive email alerts I get these quite quickly. I do think though a list of people who have specialties, remembering of course with health issues that you should always seek a Vets advice (to stay on the right side of the law in the UK)

I can't honestly ever recall seeing anyone being told off for tagging a member of staff on the forum. Mind you I can't say I read every thread or post. Has there been something I've missed @Tiamolly123 ? Is there a specific post or thread that you are referring to? It would be helpful to know specifics.

Maybe told off is the wrong word. It was a very clear & sharp message. It could have been the way I took it, or what, I don't know unfortunately with the written word it doesn't come out the way it's meant to be. Where as the spoken word can have a different context.

Maybe told off is the wrong word. It was a very clear & sharp message. It could have been the way I took it, or what, I don't know unfortunately with the written word it doesn't come out the way it's meant to be. Where as the spoken word can have a different context.
I won't talk specifics. Anyway apart from supporting that person in what was said to me. It's forgotten, it does no good to keep raking up old ground.
Boss hit me again, I like it. Lol

Your wish is my command. ;)
azCR8D1.gif

I won't talk specifics. Anyway apart from supporting that person in what was said to me. It's forgotten, it does no good to keep raking up old ground.
Boss hit me again, I like it. Lol

I don't mean to press, but you did raise this as a thread in its own right, so it woulf be helpful to know which thread / post you are referring to.

I don't mean to press, but you did raise this as a thread in its own right, so it woulf be helpful to know which thread / post you are referring to.
I honestly can't remember what thread it was or when it it was VickiA. I am a regular contributor to the forum & probably couldn't remember what I said yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back