• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Nugget is being spayed on monday 😫

Oh isnt Miss Nugget causing you some worry :( I've never had a swollen toe so I would definitely ask the vet- Jezzy has foot spurs, curly toes and toenails, and red flaky feet but no swollen toes! We usually use CLX paw wipes with chlorhexidine in (thats the same antiseptic you get in hooman mouthwash) and gorgeous guineas F&M ointment on Jezzy's feet once or twice a week but like I say we've never had a swollen toe, that might suggest she's snagged her nail or got something caught round the toe so definitely ask the vet to take a look, I doubt it will prevent surgery and maybe the vet nurse who will be monitoring her waking up can give her feet a good check over while she's sleepy enough not to mind x

Oh isnt Miss Nugget causing you some worry :( I've never had a swollen toe so I would definitely ask the vet- Jezzy has foot spurs, curly toes and toenails, and red flaky feet but no swollen toes! We usually use CLX paw wipes with chlorhexidine in (thats the same antiseptic you get in hooman mouthwash) and gorgeous guineas F&M ointment on Jezzy's feet once or twice a week but like I say we've never had a swollen toe, that might suggest she's snagged her nail or got something caught round the toe so definitely ask the vet to take a look, I doubt it will prevent surgery and maybe the vet nurse who will be monitoring her waking up can give her feet a good check over while she's sleepy enough not to mind x
Thankyou, I think she may have caught it on something as it looks bent to one side the nail 😰🤔 miss nugget is always a worry - if somethings wrong it's almost always with her 😂 nugget also has a spur/ dry feet, I tried to order the F and m cream from gorgeous guinea but I don't have PayPal and it took me to a payment system I'd never heard of so I chickened out 😂 is it safe? I'll look for some of those foot wipes too they sound great! Thanks for the help, glad it shouldn't affect surgery as she's due in season again in a few days 😰 xx

Thankyou, I think she may have caught it on something as it looks bent to one side the nail 😰🤔 miss nugget is always a worry - if somethings wrong it's almost always with her 😂 nugget also has a spur/ dry feet, I tried to order the F and m cream from gorgeous guinea but I don't have PayPal and it took me to a payment system I'd never heard of so I chickened out 😂 is it safe? I'll look for some of those foot wipes too they sound great! Thanks for the help, glad it shouldn't affect surgery as she's due in season again in a few days 😰 xx
The vet can prescibe CLX wipes (they are for cleaning sore dog and cat paws but are fine for guinea pigs too) or you can buy them.on Amazon, they are expensive but you can cut 1 wipe into smaller pieces for small paws, that's what our vet suggested!
Best of luck for tricky Miss Nugget, we'll all be thinking of her tomorrow x

Thankyou, I feel awful about the sore toe 😔 shes always the first piggy at the side of the cage for a chat in the morning, she's a nightmare in season but she really is lovely when she's not, I think she'll always be very dominent but marshmallow is very submissive so it's not an issue 💞 just hope she comes through the op OK with it been little miss tricky going through it, fluffy was an easier decision she'd hit the severe aggression constantly in season cant tolerate another pig at all stage, and she'd never had a health issue in her life though she's little miss drama queen so I mightve known her recovery would be tough, the hernia repair was an even easier decision because it needed sorting, ps surgery was a hard one because she's an older pig but she was already stable under anesthetic when I had to make a split second decision and it was only a little explorative op though I held my breath and was literally pacing the living room phone in hand waiting on the news she'd woken up wondering if I'd made the right call, I think the relief she was awake actually outweighed the shock of inoperable tumour with that one, so many complicated little bundles of joy in this house! Xx

Ugh I can't sleep for nerves on the one night my children actually went to bed on time 🤦‍♀️🤔 come on brain stop thinking about metacam dosing and poorly toes and switch off already 😕

Uh oh not a good start to the day got lexie to school but she's really not well so no school for her today 😫

Aw sending hugs how awful to have to wait again after all your careful planning! Hope Nugget's toe and your daughter both make a swift recovery x

Thankyou, I've never had a pig on anti biotics before how far apart do I give the pro c? Xx

Back