• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

NVQ3 in Health and Social care

Status
Not open for further replies.

alisont

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
My boss has got us all - well 5 of us doing an NVQ 3 in care, as we are now part of the care team at the college i work at.

Seems a good qual, and I'm not one to turn down a free course! Hard work though as most of our works teaching and supporting students so lots of bits we cant do. Weve decided on out units now and ive had one observation done.

Working on an assignment now about legislation and white papers, got to write a page on 4 laws then design a leaflet and a presentation for the group. Getting lots of info off the internet to make sure I'm up to date. I'm no expert on doing a power point presentation so friend at works helping me out if i get all the work done, he will show me how to do powerpoint.

Its hard getting the time to do this work, and to get obs in and reflective practice.

Not even looked at the grid you have to sign all your work off on - major complications there me thinks :D

Got a meeting tomorrow to see how we are getting on, got some work to show but not as much as id like!

When i get in from work i like to spend time with the furries, then get tea then chill not work on college work ::) will have to get motivated (am sure we will get a lecture to get ourselves in gear tomorrow :o

Anyone else done NVQ? I'm wishing it was 2 not straight in at 3!

I did an NVQ 2 in nursing, Caring for young physically disabled on all aspects of care, this was back in 1992 but really enjoyed it.
I did it at the hospital that I worked in and went on day release once a week.
There was quite alot of work for that.

I finished an NVCA 3, in Childcare/development in February this year it was a two year course and went to college 2 days aweek. It was a fab course and I really enjoyed it, came away with 6 distinctions 2 merits and a pass. felt really proud of myself as I was last in School back in 1987.

good luck I am sure you will enjoy yourself.

karen

Just want to wish you good luck with it all :)

Sounds a lot of hard work, but am sure you'll get there! :)

Thank you both :)

Its a good qual to get, just hard to get use to studing in the eves! Have spent 2 hours last night and tonight busy at work!

Night off tomorrow night as meeting friends at the pub for a chat and drinks (3 more people who have yet to hear about and see photos of Monty! ;))

I really wanted to do the next part of my teaching qual, but no way am i doing 2 courses at the same time :D

Alison

Good Luck with your course :) I was reading on a nursing forum the other day about a group of people that had just finished the NVQ3 care course - they loved every minute of it. :) I certainly left the forum full of enthusiasm for my course.

I start my course on Monday - I am doing the HNC Health Care - full time for 1 year. I think I am way over my head at the moment :( I worked as a Medical Assistant 12 years ago (for a period of 3 years) and have been out of learning for 17 years - hence the pre-course panic! This is me returning to study and then work after being a stay at home Mum.

If nowt else, studying myself in the evenings will set a good example to my 3 children - especially my 12 year old. I am sure they will nag me when I am hiding under the stairs with my piggies - avoiding an essay that I haven't a clue about ;D I can't even remember how to write an essay! :P

Hope you enjoy every minute of your course - don't know if your programme is similar to mine or not - I know mine sounds so interesting :)

Well spent all pm designing a power point presentation and the boss had forgotton the meeting at 4pm ::)

Your course sounds good Broley - you will be fine with the work!

Just found this with contents of my course at a college:

http://www.ashtree.co.uk/pages/NVQ2.htm I'm doing the level 3 qual working with adults.

One persons dropped out so its 4 of us staff from the same area.

Alison

Alison that does sound interesting :)

These are the core units for my course -

Principles of Health Care Practice
Maintaining and Monitoring Health
Behavioural Science in Health Care
Health Care Policy
Physiology for Health Care Professions
Healthcare Practice Experience

Both our courses are very diverse - don't think we will get bored ;D

I hope your boss got to see your presentation in the end >:( I'd have him on tea duties all day for that ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back