• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Oat hay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi All,

Just wondered if anyone fed pigs this? I am going to buy a selection of hays from Sally (Pampered Piggies) and like the idea of thick strands to aid wearing down the teeth. So I was thinking of Mountain Hay, Timothy and Oat Hay mixed up. :)

I've not had any experience with Oat hay and wondered was it ok for the pigs.

Thanks!

Louise
x

Thanks Jane, did you order the larger Mountain Hay, I was going to order small then I remember 8 pigs, it won't go far! ;D Think I'll have to go to Wilko's tomorrow to get a meadow to see us over until delievery. :)Infact I could do with a meadow in the yard!

The mountain hay from there is FAB! Mine love it. I bought a 1K bad.

i always find with meadow hay zoe gets seeds in her eyes. here in oz we call oat hay oaten hay, and we feed it to our guinea pigs all the time. though with the drought here in south oz the oaten hay is dry and dead looking. have not heard of mountain hay though. here in south oz we have meadow, oaten and lucerne hay. but jessie, zoe and faline the bunny love oaten hay. could someone tell me what mountain hay is please. so louise oat/oaten hay should be fine with your fur babies. :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Not sure what Mountain Hay is mary. It probably comes from a Mountain side...lol Thats my weird way of thinking! The Hay in Liverpool has been poor all year. I've even noticed that Herbage isn't as good. Lets hope we have a better summer this year!

And Mary it is minus 6 again today, do you still want it? LOL :)

yes louise i will take minus 6 anytime. there are fun ways of keeping warm. tomorrow is day 4 of temps 100F or over, cool change is late afternoon now. it is 2145PM and it is still 36C(96F) in the lounge room, not a breeze blowing. so put your minus 6 weather in a package and post it to me and i will post you the 100F weather. i just can't wait for winter, to be able to snuggle under the blankets and to feel cool feel like jumping under the hose at the moment and i would too if it wasn't for the water restrictions. :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff: have a wonderful night by the fire side, snuggling, roasting marshmellows with a piggy on each of your laps. thats my sort of bliss! :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: mountain hay growing on a mountain :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: we have not had decent rain since october 2007, we have had drizzle but no decent rain. other parts of south australia have had decent falls but it always seems to miss us. :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff: so hoping for some rain soon. enjoy your cool weather and snuggle by the fire side. :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

ive had both the oat hay and mountian hay from PO mine like both, deffo get the 1kg ive had it between 6 and it lasted me a good amount of time :)

Thanks, I have ordered the 1kg this morning, should arrive tomorrow or Thursday. :)

mine ADORE oat hay! they can't get enough and it's really good for their teeth! O0 they also love mountain meadow hay O0

Mine are eating the mountain hay at the mo, I'm seeing how long it lasts if it works out too costly I'll get 3 meadow and 1 timothy per week. :)

Mine love the oxbow oat hay but wouldnt touch the burns oat hay 98)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back