• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Off to hospital tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Now that the doggy drama is over I have to go to hospital tomorrow with Arun (my youngest, 8 next Sat) because last Monday he got a pencil top eraser stuck in his ear :o

We went to A+E but they couldn't get it out, in fact they hurt him and pushed it further in >:( So off we were sent to another hospital where they have a specialst childrens ENT dept, but they couldn't get it out either, didn't help that Arun was absolutely hysterical and being held down by myself and a nurse :'(

Only after I burst into tears did they stop trying and admitted defeat, so tomorrow he's having it done under general anaesthetic, and they can have a good look at the same time cos it was bleeding last week when they tried getting it out

Kids husbands and animals who'd have them ;D

Poor little lad, hospitals are scary places for all, I worked in one for years and still don't like them ::)
Hope all goes well and the offending rubber is soon removed!

Barbara

Thank you! I shall be crying tomorrow as well when they put him to sleep, I hate seeing them do that :'( He was pretending to be a magician apparently ;D Don't think he'll be doing that again in a hurry

Awww! Poor Arun :( That'll be a lesson well learnt!

Will be thinking of you both. Big hugs and :-* from us all

xxxxxxxxxx

Hows Arun, Bev?

I hope that everything went ok and that they managed to get it out his ear.

When my sister and I were younger, she accussed me of putting a bead up her nose when infact it was her who did it! Tut tut.

Hope your alright too! :)

Yes how's the little soldier today?

My brother put a bead up his nose when we were kids too and had to have it removed at the hosp. It seems like a really funny place to put them but what do I know? ? ;D

Thanks everyone :) He's ok, locked himself in the bathroom when we entered the ward and refused to come out! taking his temp BP and pulse was fun, god knows what the nurse thought LOL

He created merry hell when they tried to put the canula in his hand for the anaesthetic, I was down the corridor and I could still hear him (Daddy drew short straw to go in)

So I stood there in the middle of theatres and burst into tears ;D. They then threatened gas and air, so he agreed for the canula, sat there watched while they put in in and said actually that didn't hurt a bit >:(

Probably helped that Daddy promised him a replica WWE Belt (£100) :o

We now have the offending rubber in a pot as a souvenir ;D

Ahh bless.
It sounds like it was more traumatic for you than him ;D

LOL Has to get summat out of it hey?! :D

Getting ingredients tomorrow! Making a start on Friday, and all posted up on Saturday for the little fella! :)

kellyandpiggies said:
LOL Has to get summat out of it hey?! :D

Getting ingredients tomorrow! Making a start on Friday, and all posted up on Saturday for the little fella! :)

Yes he's got a new wrestler, 2 pairs of trousers, 2 tops, 2 pairs of trainers and the new Man United kit.... oh and the replica belt :o

He'd only been awake a few mins and he said "has chef guinea made my cake yet?" :)

Bloomin heck, and it's not his birthday yet! :)

Guin's gonna do it for him on Friday, I promise :-* :-*

OMG! I just read this today! I'm glad that hes okay tho.....big hugs to all of you! xoxoxoxo

blimey I've only just caught up on this one too. Glad bribery worked - I resort to it very often! stuff super nanny :P

Can't imagine what it would be like if my daughter has to be put under GA. If there isn't a window in a room in a hospital I have a panic attack - lets hope she's doesn't need an op!

So glad hes now ok.

H78

ps I put a bead up my nose too!

All this talk of noses, when I said no playing magician again with your ear he said what about my nose.... I was like, noooooooo ;D

sorry I haven't been on the forum the last couple of days - glad it's all over now!
(I would hate a gas induction too!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back