Oh dear, mis-communication

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tommies Mam

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
My friend was at the swimming baths an while he was in the pool he realised he was having an asthma attack he got out the pool to use his inhaler but realised that it wasn't working and that he was getting worse so he asked a member of staff to call him an ambulance.

Meanwhile he is sitting there getting worse by the minute and in desperate need of help, he was relieved to hear footsteps running down the corridor thinking it was a paramedic. He looked up to see two police officers running towards him bearing batons and handcuffs. This somewhat confused my friend and he asked what was going on there reply was along the lines of where's the person whose being attacked? This somewhat confused my friend, he then had to explain that as far as he was aware no one was being attacked but he had asked someone to dial 999 for him as he was having an asthma attack, It was then all became clear the person who rang the emergency services had told them that someone was having an attack but failed to mention that it was an asthma attack and thus, thinking that someone was being attacked at the leisure centre they pulled out all the stops, as he was being taken from the building he noticed that the place was swarming with police and that there was at least 2 ambulances and 3 police cars parked up outside. :red:red

Romily

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
As long as your friend is okay then that is quite a funny story!

MrsWilsoncroft

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Oh dear thats not good. I really hope your friend is okay now though x

CandyFloss

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Glad he's okay - sounds like staff need better trained at listening to peoples problems..... if he had been really bad with asthma ....he might not've been so lucky....

Status
Not open for further replies.