Oh Dear....:S

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I not long came back from a Garden Centre (not sure if I'm allowed to name it), to get some manure for the garden, we walked by the rabbits and guinea pigs and in the male section, I noticed that a rabbit was trying to hump the baby guinea pig? I swear!

I said to myself "Rabbits shouldn't be with Guinea pigs, no matter what age as they can get hurt!" And one of the workers overheard me and she gave me the dirtiest look ever. XD I'm surprised I didn't turn to stone! XD

It was obvious this rabbit that's quite big was literally crushing the Guinea pig in attempt to have a romp! @)

Then one of the other workers came over and stood over them, just pushing the rabbit away every time he tried to have a hump. And I just thought "Are you gonna stand there and push the rabbit away all day then?"

Some people! *facepalm* D'oh!

Plus I'm pretty outraged at the fact one of the Guinea pigs has been in a seperate cage for a few months now, as apparently 'he didn't get along with the other Guinea pigs'.

But when I asked about it, they literally said "Oh, it's not that he doesn't get along with the others, it's just a deal for the cage, the guinea pig and the water bottle." Even though they have a sign saying some crap like "Hi my name is _______, I'm 8 months old, I don't get on well with the other Guinea pigs, but I will love you if you take me home!"

Those aren't the exact words, but it's more or less what it says. I'm slightly outraged by it because they're basically selling this Guinea pig as some sorta 'all for only £££' kinda deal, and it's obviously making the Guinea pig sad...He looks so terrified.

Bah! :/ Moan moan moan!

<3~ x

Last edited:
Reaction score
That's how I got my Shy, she was with a giant continental rabbit and 2 g/p's in a tiny pen and the rabbit was going for it with Shy and the staff weren't doing anything about it so I ended up buying her.
That was in november and she's still a bit wary of humans b****y garden centres ....leave it to plants.

Reaction score
That's how I got my Shy, she was with a giant continental rabbit and 2 g/p's in a tiny pen and the rabbit was going for it with Shy and the staff weren't doing anything about it so I ended up buying her.
That was in november and she's still a bit wary of humans b****y garden centres ....leave it to plants.

That's terrible! And I agree with you fully! >_<' It's annoying as well, because they have signs up saying "Ask us for any advice you need about your pets" or something like that, and after asking them some stuff they actually know sweet eff all! :S

They should just leave it to plants, to be honest. That's the only reason I ever really go to the Garden centre, currently doing up the Garden! xD

luluhound

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score

agree animals should`nt be sold at garden centres , people will impulse buy and piggies as we all knowrolleyes can take a lot of looking after, it really upsets me x

doglovinpiggylover

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
you should have said to him that would be like a giant 'coming on' to you, see how he would have liked it...well i know thats probably gruesome but i hate the thought of what a big old bunny could do to a teeny weeny little piggy, that would be so painful

Reaction score
Good on you for saying something, it might give them something to think about, is there a head office you could write to, just to make them aware of how they should be keeping the animals if they must keep them at all?
xox

Status
Not open for further replies.