• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Oliver (the Lodger- Cat) is staying!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Little Piggles

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I posted a few weeks ago but this is the full story...

This little fella turned up early September and the first time we met him he was sat on our landing window-sill. It seems he'd let himself in whilst my brother (oblivious to the visitor) was painting. We had no idea where he came from. He was very slim - not skinny, but you could feel his hips and wearing a tatty yellow collar with no name tag.

We asked around the street. Pretty much everyone had seen him, but nobody knew where he had come from either.

I was a little reluctant to feed him. Worried we'd never get rid of him. Plus we have a cat of our own, Murdock, who has been king of the house since he was six weeks old.

Anyway, the look on his face said he was feeling pretty sorry for himself and he was ALWAYS hanging around our end of the cul-de-sac. I gave him a small handful of biscuits on the back step and he gobbled them up. He was obviously very hungry!

He became a very frequent visitor and would let himself in through the open patio doors (back when it was warm enough to leave them open!). We figured we needed to try and find where he came from, we couldn't keep feeding someone else's cat. We bundled him into a cat carrier and took him up to our vet.

Good news! He had a chip. Bad news! The phone number didn't work. The Nurse did a bit more investigating and told us his name was Prince Charming :x and she managed to track down the registered keeper. The girl she found lived about 20 miles away and said the the cat was actually her boyfriends and he took him when they spilt up, but she would arrange to collect him. She didn't.

A few weeks later, we had a call from the vet saying that 'Prince Charming's own vet had been in touch as they'd had an enquiry that he may be lost (we assume this was from the boyfriend as the details were very sketchy). Great, we thought, he's finally going home. Only we heard nothing again - and this was the first week in October.

I have resigned myself to the fact that we now have two cats and Oliver (as he is now known) is staying here. He has a new collar and a barrel with our phone number, a Christmas collar and a snazzy tag on order (from America no less!) with his new name and our telephone number.

He is such a handsome boy and a proper lap cat. He loves cuddles and is curled up next to me as I type.

I can't beleive his owner's weren't bothered about him. If Murdock (or Oliver too now) went missing, I'd be doing everything in my power to get him back.

Anyway, the lodger is now a permenant member of this house

Please can I come in? PLEEEAAASSEE?

pj3.jpg

Making himself comfy on the washing..

152383348.jpg

Please can I stay here? It's comfy (and I match your bedding!)

Ollie.jpg

Typical Ollie face.. I loves a fuss!

148773_10150112559765898_672240897_7560922_1210372_n.jpg

Making friends with Murdock.. (who glanced up with a look of 'oh, it's you' then went back to sleep)

148109_10150117366040898_672240897_7621662_860013_n.jpg

Sorry I waffled on a bit, I guess his story is a bit longer than I thought! :red

Oh he is lovely, he looks like my Sam. Love the tongue pic. Am so pleased he is staying with you.

I'm glad Oliver had landed on his feet, bet he is too. Just goes to show persistance pays off :))! xx

Aww, how could no one be bothered about him? He is adorable!

All I can say is that you're lucky to have such a lovely new addition to the family and Oliver is very, very lucky to have met you, it's clear that he's going to be a very pampered puss forever. :(|)

Thanks guys x>> he is a real sweetie.

He actually tried to groom Murdock tonight - or at least I think he did... He licked his head a couple of times, til Murdock kinda looked at him as if to say...'Whoa man! Whatcha doing?!' :))

Just pleased they're happy to share their space xx>>>

Yeah, I'd like to get his details changed. The nurse seemed to think it was pretty easy. I'm a little worried the owner would change her mind and suddenly show an interest in him though.

Murdock is booked in the vet in a couple of weeks so I'll check then what I need to do I think :).

awww poor thing, I'm glad they didnt come for him they dont deserve him at all......but you do! he he he and he is soooo gorgeous...and i like your bedding, but i am biased as i have it too!

Well done for taking him in x
(not that it sounds like you had MUCH choice rolleyes)

Aw, I am so happy that he's getting to stay with you - that other couple are obviously not that bothered about him. I don't understand why they would notifify he was missing, but then not follow it up when they find out where he is. :{

He is gorgeous - he looks just like my Harvey. x)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back