• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

OMG how many piggies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abi_nurse

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I hope they havent bred them all. They all seem in good condition. But omg how many piggies!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o31rT0QilvI&feature=fvw[/ame]

x.

i saw this before I love it :)) if only i could have that many, but then again i have 17 boys so on the way! :red

They are petting zoo Guinea Pigs, in Japan. There are quite a few videos on Youtube of these petting zoo piggies. There was one I particularly liked of the Guinea pigs going back into their shed in a line, one behind the other; it looked very cute.

Last edited:
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flCvt1LdQUg&feature=related[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zgj6gL1eZLA&feature=fvw[/ame]

I'm not sure I like that actually :{ they all seem so desperate to get the food and all wheek so loudly, it's a bit upsetting to me :(

Don't like that second one. If they bunch up or one gets a bit panicky they could easily fall - and 2/3 ft is easily enough to really injure a pig.

Relative to how a lot of guinea pigs across the world are living they look well looked after. Not how a lot of us would keep them but they look healthy and have good food.

I'm not sure I like that actually :{ they all seem so desperate to get the food and all wheek so loudly, it's a bit upsetting to me :(

Really? My guinea pigs wheek that loud for food even when they have full bowls, they want something better! I think they're just greedy food-loving animals. They look really well looked after and happy to me.

I didn't really like the one where they walk over the bridge thing, cos they could fall, but I'm sure it's probably never happened before because they'd hopefully have the sense not to fall, but it's risky . . .

Don't get me wrong mine wheek like mad, but I tend not to shut them all in a box then let them rush at the food to make a youtube video...yes they look well looked after but, well, it's all a bit too 'circus' for me, sorry.

Don't get me wrong mine wheek like mad, but I tend not to shut them all in a box then let them rush at the food to make a youtube video...yes they look well looked after but, well, it's all a bit too 'circus' for me, sorry.

Yeah I understand. I also wonder if they had hay in the place they were in at first. They did seem very hungry. Cos I do think guinea pigs should be able to eat all day, not just at feeding time to entertain people or whatever . . .

Yeah I understand. I also wonder if they had hay in the place they were in at first. They did seem very hungry. Cos I do think guinea pigs should be able to eat all day, not just at feeding time to entertain people or whatever . . .

Yes that's what I was trying to get at, just not very good at getting it across :red

I am quite anti performing animals, you see a lot of it in the horse world and a lot of it I am really not that keen on. I prefer to see animals as animals in surroundings as close to their natural ones as possible, and for guineas, that means hay, hay, oh and some more hay, so their guts are always moving.

Yes mine have a 'dinner time' and know when this is and make a lot of noise if I am late, but you will never find their hutches without hay, whether in the racks or pulled all over the place (JoJo!)

Maybe they had hay in that set up, and maybe it was really really great, but you can't really tell can you. It doesn't look like there's any and there would need to be loads for that many pigs.

But I'm sure they're happy enough and healthy, just maybe it could be even better. Like it could be made into a reall amazing environment for them, that'd be nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back