• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Omlet run

At our local farm store I came across a really sturdy chicken coop with run. It takes two people to carry and is really solid and well made. Might be ideal for anyone who has foxes around, try a farm store. It cost around £150 but looks like it would last years and so solid compared to runs and rabbit hutches. Had poles on all four corners for lifting/moving and a big inside area too. I would buy it if I could get it in the car, but you would need a van or delivery. it was a real bargain and I think locally made. The online ones are rubbish in comparison

We ordered one to try (we will need another 2 if we like it). Ordered some pegs from Amazon to secure it. It arrived in 6 separate boxes and my OH just looked at them in dismay. It will probably be the weekend before we build it.😀
Actually easy to assemble with the instructions and plastic clips but will take some time.

Photos please, not seen these runs
I will post some pictures once we have built the run. They look substantial and you can extend them by buying extra sections. It is raining here in Manchester so we can't get into the garden and start construction until it is a bit drier.

I just looked them up, they are similar to the Runaround rabbit runs and tunnels. We have a tunnel and two connectors, they join up a barn and run. the only problem that we experienced was you could never catch Bill and Ted to go in on a night as both of them would hide in the tunnel and lead us a right dance. They far preferred being outside all the time, even in winter on a mild day 😀

I just looked them up, they are similar to the Runaround rabbit runs and tunnels. We have a tunnel and two connectors, they join up a barn and run. the only problem that we experienced was you could never catch Bill and Ted to go in on a night as both of them would hide in the tunnel and lead us a right dance. They far preferred being outside all the time, even in winter on a mild day 😀
I'm not adding any tunnels. 😀 And we have bought some extra openers so that we can access the run more easily (baby Esme is a nightmare to catch).

I'm not adding any tunnels. 😀 And we have bought some extra openers so that we can access the run more easily (baby Esme is a nightmare to catch).
yes, these little squishy bodies. I have just tried to extract Tilly from under one of the bunny boxes in the run, she has managed to find a hollow underneath and is laid there quite happy, here’s me wondering where on earth she has gone. They lead us a dance don’t they 😂

yes, these little squishy bodies. I have just tried to extract Tilly from under one of the bunny boxes in the run, she has managed to find a hollow underneath and is laid there quite happy, here’s me wondering where on earth she has gone. They lead us a dance don’t they 😂
Allan said he thinks that she is laughing at him. :lol:

The Omlet Zippi run is great. Really sturdy, we have fastened it down with metal pegs through the 'skirt' of the run and it would be really difficult for a cat or dog to get into it (i can't get the pegs out without something to wedge under them). We won't ever leave the piggies in the runs when we aren't around but feel it is now safe to work in the kitchen with the back door open.

Back