• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

One chunky monkey in amongst 4?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi,

I have 4 girl piggies in a little 'herd'. 3 are lovely and chubby, but the rex girl Gizmo is a bit of a porker! :red

At first I was worried she was pregnant, but I'm 99% sure they are all girlies. They've been to the vets before because they had mites and because I was worried about some white stuff 'down there' and I think the vet would have said if I had a boy posing as a boy!

The place I got them from was awful and I wouldn't be surprised if they kept boys and girls together but I have had them long enough now that if she was pregnant when I got her she would have had the babies by now.

I also have two boys (in my avatar pic :)) but I think I'd know if those two little monsters had escaped and gotten in with the girls!

What could it be? She's still very young I've had her since a baby, but I am worried with her being a rexy that the extra weight will put pressure on her and aggravate her hocks

lauralucy

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
how old is she and how much does she weigh? and how much do the others weigh?

Reaction score
I'm not sure how much she weighs. Normally I'm quite meticulous about weighing the pigs and buns but one of my rabbits has been ill recently and I kept weighing her and my scales were way out compared to the vets so I've stopped weighing them.

Her sides are very wide though, like a pregnant pig looks, she doesn't look streamlined like the other 3.

She is about 7 or 8 months now.

Wiebke

Staff member
Reaction score
Some rex piggies can become HUGE with massive bums! It's their breed. If in doubt, have her checked by a vet.

My teddy Nerys has similar proportions, but she is not as big as some rexes I have seen. However, her non-pregnant bum is pretty impressive!

slackalice2k

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Oh my rex boy is a big chubster too, he holds all his weight at his rear, I think they can look bigger than they actually are because of the way their hair sticks out. :))

With my girl pair, the underpiggy is a lot bigger than my top pig, She keeps telling me she's a rex in disguise. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.