One Fighting Sow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Amile on of my older sow has just started attacking every one in the cage they are all hiding from her she seem to be picking on some more than other but had tried it on with all of them. It is really distressing to watch . Lucky Winnie the youngest is small enough to fit behind the house and stay clear of the trouble. This has been going on for a few days with a lot of out burst what should i do? she is laying in one said of the cage all on her own looking a little peeved

Reaction score
Re: Fights

It's rare for sows to fight.. But maybe if she is being that aggressive, then I would take her out to be on the safe side for a while to see how things go.. Maybe then re-introduce her after a while and keep an eye on things?

Sorry hope that helps a bit, but I've had no major experience of sows being that bad towards one another.

Kelly xx

Reaction score
She has had another go and is now hiding in the house I just dunno what has gotten in to her.

Reaction score
have you checked her out for health worrys maybe she is in pain and they are iritating her more then normal, its very rare for sows to fight mine are always fine and there is 19 in the run, mind you its hugh and takes up most of the shed floor, they definalty need space maybe she might need more room,

Reaction score
I have giving her a good look over and she was fine with me not sure is it could be the cage it is a large CC cage and she had been co- habiting peacefully

G

gothchick1515

just wondering, could the piggies be acting strange due to the time of year zubins been rather randy recently could hormones make her aggressive?

Reaction score
Zubins just randy because he has a new cage mate and can get rid of his frustration! LOL Tonic used to quite often..Once in a blue moon he does now

G

gothchick1515

yeh true he used to hump his chube though? just wondering ive never had a sow and was curious

Reaction score
well Tonic has humped a lot in the past, almost to the point of humping a teddy! LOL it happens!

my girls have rumbled/flirted with each other but that's as far as it's gone! LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.