• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

One for the sleep deprived parents ☕

Emx93

Forum Donator 2023/24
Reaction score
I dont know if any other parents have struggled with sleep over lockdown but this is how tonight has gone for us so far 😂🤦‍♀️

7pm: vibeing that the toddler hadn't napped and went to bed bang on time
11:50pm: vibeing that I finally got the other two down before midnight (just)
Midnight: toddler thinks it's morning 🤦‍♀️☕🤦‍♀️☕

Oh no! Hope she will get back to sleep soon. My three are still up 🙄

She genuinely thinks it's morning, I think there's no hope for the next 6 hours 🤦‍♀️🤷‍♀️

Can you just switch off your lights and get into bed, or is she constantly calling you and coming into your room? I feel for you 😬

Can you just switch off your lights and get into bed, or is she constantly calling you and coming into your room? I feel for you 😬
She's 2 and she sleeps in my bed most nights so I can't really leave her, she wants to play 😲

Oh dear! Maybe set her up in the sitting room...and go snooze...tough one! Will she sleep all day tomorrow if she’s awake now?

Oh dear! Maybe set her up in the sitting room...and go snooze...tough one! Will she sleep all day tomorrow if she’s awake now?
I managed to get her back to sleep but she's been up and down all night 😴☕

Poor You. I remember those days! It does get better honest.
Just having coffee, then we've got to do our covid tests and I've got to send a pic of effies spay wound to the vets as post ops still by email 🤣 then I might get a nap if I'm lucky 😂

Poor You. I remember those days! It does get better honest.

Until you hit the menopause, then your blooming hormones decide to keep you awake half the night!
Oops, probably shouldn’t have mentioned that :lol!:

But seriously @Emx93 it does get better. I had about 3 years straight where my 2 played tag team tactics to ensure that I didn’t get a whole night’s undisturbed sleep. But it does come to an end eventually.

I struggle to sleep even when the kids do sleep lol, I'm going to have words with the doctors when I go for my diabetes review on Wednesday i think :) I've really struggled mentally this lockdown and Ive been kept awake by silly things such as memories from traumatic pregnancies etc so I think I need to get on top of it before it gets too bad xx

@VickiA I'm too young for menopause (27 lol) but my hormones are definitely all wrong my cycles are all over the place 😳

Sadly I think most of us have struggled during this pandemic with interrupted sleep patterns, so you are in good company (well - slightly short tempered, fatigued company anyhow!). I think it’s the interruption to our normal habits and behaviours (and those of us around us). I know the pandemic has made many of us hyper vigilant and that in itself is exhausting. I’ve also had to get used to having 4 adults in the house again, 2 of whom are night owls going to bed around 2 or 3 am and getting up midday ish. Even though they are quiet and considerate just hearing them moving around the house disturbs my sleep.

Sadly I think most of us have struggled during this pandemic with interrupted sleep patterns, so you are in good company (well - slightly short tempered, fatigued company anyhow!). I think it’s the interruption to our normal habits and behaviours (and those of us around us). I know the pandemic has made many of us hyper vigilant and that in itself is exhausting. I’ve also had to get used to having 4 adults in the house again, 2 of whom are night owls going to bed around 2 or 3 am and getting up midday ish. Even though they are quiet and considerate just hearing them moving around the house disturbs my sleep.
I agree, the worry of sam being made redundant is huge right now, can't understand how he's still on furlough and it's causing a lot of anxiety definitely 🙄

@Emx93 have you tried any of those clock things? Eg we had a Gro-clock (I think that's the name) that showed a moon for sleep time and a sun for wake time. It works better because it's a third party as it were, not just mum/dad saying go back to bed! Just a thought!

We had something similar with a bunny clock with eyes that opened and ears that popped up when it was daytime. It did become a focal point with toddlers shouting “wake up bunny” at 4am though

@Emx93 have you tried any of those clock things? Eg we had a Gro-clock (I think that's the name) that showed a moon for sleep time and a sun for wake time. It works better because it's a third party as it were, not just mum/dad saying go back to bed! Just a thought!

My brother had one of those for my niece. She was really good and wouldn't get out of bed then they would just hear "mummy, daddy, suns up suns up"

Back