• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

One Million Step Challenge for Diabetes UK

furryfriends (TEAS)

Forum Founder
Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Director at TEAS (East Hunsbury) Northampton
I am currently taking part in the One Million Step Challenge, for Diabetes UK. This is a charity very close to my heart, as my eldest daughter, Hannah, has type 1 diabetes.

Please can you consider sponsoring me? Even just £1 would help me reach my target of £250!

I am currently on target to achieve this! It is also helping me lose my lockdown weight, as I am needing to aim for at least 11,000 steps per day! Here is the link to my fundraising page:-

Support Debbie in the One Million Step Challenge

How long will this be on for Debbie? I'll send a donation by next month if it's still available (I spent too much this month and an upcoming hair appointment 😁). Type 1 diabetes runs in my family (father's side), but thankfully, no one in my immediate family has any. My aunt has Type 1 diabetes and so did both my grandparents when they were alive.

How long will this be on for Debbie? I'll send a donation by next month if it's still available (I spent too much this month and an upcoming hair appointment 😁). Type 1 diabetes runs in my family (father's side), but thankfully, no one in my immediate family has any. My aunt has Type 1 diabetes and so did both my grandparents when they were alive.
It’s over three months! Thanks that would be great 😊

Il help out. My dad has diabetes type 2 now as he didn't manage to stop it in the end and turn it round. And now my mum is being tested for it. Both came on during lockdown, strange that isn't it.

Does diabetes come up on normal blood tests? Cause I thought I had type 2. When I get slightly hungry I start to go dizzy, lose focus, I get stressed and just go really strange. All it takes it to have a nibble of some snack of some sort again and I feel fine. I have to eat little and often else my day is ruined if I go out anywhere for the day.

My MIL had Type 1 Diabetes for over 60 years, she actually died of Lymphoma but it was a very long time for her to live with. I will spend you a donation x

Does diabetes come up on normal blood tests? Cause I thought I had type 2. When I get slightly hungry I start to go dizzy, lose focus, I get stressed and just go really strange. All it takes it to have a nibble of some snack of some sort again and I feel fine. I have to eat little and often else my day is ruined if I go out anywhere for the day.
That's how I get too. Instead of getting stressed I go all horrible, moody and bitchy not like me at all! I've had all the tests under the sun including a brain scan and the Doctor could find nothing wrong. In the end he put it down to my age.....

That's how I get too. Instead of getting stressed I go all horrible, moody and bitchy not like me at all! I've had all the tests under the sun including a brain scan and the Doctor could find nothing wrong. In the end he put it down to my age.....
Strange, I'm only 33 so what's mine down to lol.

I’m have donated Debbie. As a type 1 diabetic and know the struggle of of an entire life revolving around multiple injecting and finger pricks daily. Good luck on your challenge for a very worthy cause xx

Diabetes and pre diabetes are detected through fasting blood tests.if you are worried, please see your doctor for some simple tests. I was misdiagnosed as type 2 when I was 25, I went from a healthy 9 stone to 6.5 stone. I was prescribed tablets which were useless as my body stopped producing insulin and continued to see the same doctor who just increased those tablets.I was also going blind. In the end I saw a different doctor who rushed me by ambulance to hospital where I spent 4 days in and out if consciousness. My diagnosis was changed to type 1.I shared my experience in my workplace and had such a positive impact that my employer now brings in the nhs diabetes team to do annual checks on all who want it. I go round with my clipboard and (politely)force people to get tested 😂

Back