• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

One of my gerbils has a scent gland tumour :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

sandra turpin

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I had to take Blackie, one of my gerbils to see Glen at Apex Vets today. I was told he has a tumour on his scent gland. Glen is going to operate on Wednesday to remove it as without an op the tumour is likely to grow, causing pain then death, possibly within a month. Glen is a cavy savvy vet and is really great and I have every faith in him. He also said that Blackie's teeth were abnormal and he is going to file them while he is under anaesthetic.

I'm glad I started my vet fund as today's visit was a bit under £23 and the operation etc is going to cost £106.

I'm keeping everything crossed that he is going to be ok.

Awwww poor Blackie :( i and the boys have our fingers, toes and paws crossed for the little fella! sending him lots of huggles and kisseys! x

Oh poor Blackie, keeping everything crossed here.

I'm working between 6am and 1pm tomorrow, my husband Jim will be taking him in between 8.30 and 9. There is a slim chance that he might not make it through the operation. Will let you know tomorrow how things have gone.

Good news :)

Just want to let you all know that everything went well today for Blackie. He is home with his buddies and is none the worse for having his op :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back