Opinions Wanted Please :d

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drezella

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Some of you will already know this, but for those that don't I've recently created my own piggy website and I'm hoping to sell a few bits and bobs on it for guinea pig owners and possibly a few items for piggies too. I'd just like to know what kinds of things would you be interested in buying if you were buying a piggy gift for someone / or yourself? I've been thinking of making the following items to sell and I just wanted your opinions about them. Would you buy them? Are there any other items not mentioned below that you would be interested in buying if they were available?

For people:
Piggy postcards
Greetings cards (Featuring my boys Paddy & Rohan)
Piggy Calendars (Possibly - if printing costs allow, featuring my boys Paddy & Rohan)
Felt ornaments
Fimo piggy sculptures in a mini box dressed with ribbon (Like a toy)
Fimo piggy pencil toppers
Fimo piggy broaches
Piggy bookmarks (both printed and 3D in Fimo clay or Hama beads)
Giant piggy paperclips (Again using Fimo clay)
Piggy pens (Again using Fimo clay)
Piggy notebooks
Piggy keyrings (made with either Hama beads or Fimo)
Piggy cushions

(I'll try and get some proto types of each one made soon so that I can post examples of each one) :)

For piggies:
Piggy Playhouses (If people can collect them from my house as the P&P would be ridiculous otherwise)
For example:
IMG_2245.JPG IMG_1974 RESIZED.jpg IMG_2080 RESIZED.jpg

Scenes / Sets for photo shoots (If people can collect them from my house as the P&P would be ridiculous otherwise)
For example:
IMG_2799.JPG

Felt costumes (Such as mini hats, without straps of course)
For example:
IMG_2359.JPG

Pet cushions for piggies

Here's a link to the website, the shop section hasn't been set up yet as I haven't started making things, I'm just planning it all at the moment and gathering resources. :D
http://piggy-licious.myfreesites.net/

Any feedback is much appreciated, it'll be a huge help.

Thank you for taking the time to read this. :)

Last edited:

Maisy and Poppy

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I bet lots of people would buy playhouses and scenes but they may not be near enough to collect. I would buy cards, pet cushions ....
Can you make fleecy beds ... As those would be popular.

Flutterby

Anniversary Herd
Reaction score
Oooh I like this idea Sarah. I know how good at crafts you are! I would definitely like piggy notebooks and pens :D

Drezella

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Thanks Ruth and everyone, I love doing crafty things, whether I'm any good at it is another thing. XD Just thought i'd have a go as there doesn't seem to be many gifts out there for piggy fans/owners.

ayemee

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I'd be interested in most things you've listed. I'm really bad with understand postage as I never post anything, but do you mean they would be expensive to send as they are built?

If that's the case you could include all the materials needed with a 'how to' sheet which allows us to build them ourselves? If that's not the issue for posting then ignore me :P

That way they can be posted flat and easier :)

Drezella

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
inking of making the following items to sell and I just wanted your opinions about them. Would you
I'd be interested in most things you've listed. I'm really bad with understand postage as I never post anything, but do you mean they would be expensive to send as they are built?

If that's the case you could include all the materials needed with a 'how to' sheet which allows us to build them ourselves? If that's not the issue for posting then ignore me :P

That way they can be posted flat and easier :)
Yes that's what I mean, if I tried to post them whole it'd cost a fortune as you'd need a removal sized box (almost 1 metre in size). I have thought about pre-cutting them and posting them 'flat packed', maybe that could work. It'd have to mock one up and take it to the post office to see how much it would cost to send it. :)

Elna0613

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I think it's a great idea and would definitely be interested in purchasing your stuff! Good luck :)

Sar

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
These sound fab!
What about fridge magnets? Out of clay or similar? Maybe they could be done to order/paint your own?

Would definitely be interested in a playhouse. I'd love to get my two their own little piggy palace! :)

Drezella

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Thanks everyone, I'll look into magnets, I can probably buy a pack and then bond the Fimo onto them.mplaques may take a bit more thinking about, but I'll see what I can do :)

I'll be baking a batch of clay piggies today so I'll post some examples shortly :)

Thanks for the feedback everyone :)

Status
Not open for further replies.