• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Other cat owners?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Taking Tatty to the vets later today cos he's been sick quite a lot lately. He's only bringing up his food not long after he's eaten.

Not entirely sure what it could be as he has had his worming treatment for sure.

Maybe he's eating too fast? We are always changing his food cos he seems bored with the same old ones, and then never eats it. He has Felix pouches for about a month, then we change to Whiskas pouches for the next month and then vice versa.

He also has his IAMS biccies everyday which he loves for sure! Always has and that's the only thing that hasn't changed.

He seems ok in himself - playing with a tissue at the minute! And doesn't seem to have a tummy upset or be in any pain..

So gonna see what the vet says... anyone got an ideas anyway?

Thanx

xx Kelly xx

I sent you a PM cos I hadn't seen this post - sorry.

As I said Willow always does it. How many times has Tatty done it so far and has it been digested at all before it's brought back up again?

LOL pmed you back! ;D

It's usually once a week to once every other week.

As I said, twice yesterday, second lot not long after the first bout. Un-digested like Willow.

Had cats all the time when growing up, but never had a sicky cat, so unsure whether it's normal

I really wouldn't worry then Kelly.
has he eaten anything today? Has he kept it down? If he has then I really wouldn't bother with the vets. You would be better off cooking him up a bit of coley if you think his tummy is a bit achy.
All the vet will do is prod his belly ,take his temperature and give you something to give him to justify their charges that really won't do much.
If he had "bellys" as me and Steve call them, you would see it in his face. They tend to hunch slightly too when they're sitting down.

Went before you replied! LOL Anyhow;

Tatty was seen by Paula (same vet for piggies) and had a feel and we had a long chat about it.
It's a combination of him being a long haired cat (furballs) and the type of food he has and quite possibly an inflamed bowel.

Apparently vets are having problems with IAMS as they have changed their ingredients and some of it is not particularly healthy in aiding digestion - she suggested that we slowly take him of IAMS and get him on Hils Hairball Control - it doesn't matter if he doesn't eat his wet food as the dry fod is a complete one. She also recommended only Felix food now and again as that's what she gives her cats.

Although, too, he may have a slight inflamed bowel causiing the sickness.. He had two injections and some surgical spirit washed down! We've got some to give him too for a couple of days.

If no improvement in a few weeks then we need to take him back.

OK, maybe a bit of a wasted journey, but rather get him seen.

Its worth spending the money just to put your mind at rest I think. Tatty will be absolutely fine now.

We have to go to the vets with Willow again tonight. The abcess on his head has bubbled up again. Just when we get a bit of spare money, he spends it >:(

aww! Same here.. First Icey and now Tatty.. I know it has to be done, but it really costs! Where's the NHS for pets when you need it?

Hope Willow is fine. Big hugs to you all

Just got back from the vets. £60!! :o :o

He's got his antibiotics which he loves and the nurse was blonde so Willow was happy. Me and Steve are still in shock. That's £120 we've spent on his bloomin' head in the past month!

We have an NHS for pets but you have to really poor and desperate to go there. They're only open a few days a weeks and last time I took Gemma there I had to wait for 5 hours! I'm glad I did though cos I found out that our private vet was ripping us off to the tune of £300 a year for unnecessary enema's!

Hi,

I'm glad its not anything too serious.

Barney was sick like once every 5 days they thought he allergies and intolerences. They changed his diet didnt work, xrayed him nothing, bloods all normal this went on for a couple of months and they said they wanted him in for a week to observe him. He was sick once so they said they wanted to open him up. Final resort. They found a tumour in his stomach that was unoperable and it was growing to his liver and pancaeous(spelt wrong) and it would eventually poison him so they kindest thing was to put him to sleep. They said the tumour they found is only found in cats that had FIV but barney didnt have it. They also said if it was an inch down the stomach they could of cut it out but it wasnt ment to be :'(

Oscar was sick too but that is another story which i dont feel strong to talk about again.

Michele

Havent you thought about taking pet insurance out. I know BArney's was over £800 and I only paid the excess and so was oscar. I swear by insurance. I have used it a number of times with most of my cats. PETPLAN are very good. I pay about £17per month for both my cats and its worth it.

Ouch Deb! :o

Have thought about pet insurance Michele, yes it would work out great if we had it, but our problem is paying the monthly amount. It may not seem loads, but we're on a budget as it is.

Our vet is quite handy with money cos they have said that we can pay in installments if need be

We've had Willow and Gemma insured since they were 6 months old and boy am I glad we did. Gemma's road accident alone cost nearly £2,500 and Willow is always in the wars. He's had everything from an infected cat bite that affected his spinal fluid, to having half his tail off, to grass in his lungs. He is one accident prone puddy tat!
At last count Tesco insurance, Gawd bless 'them, had paid out over £5,000 to us. At one point we had more out of them than we'd paid in. ;D

I have found James Wellbeloved dry food excellent for cats and dogs either with allergies or poor digestion it is fairly expensive but if it works alot cheaper than the vet bills good luck

wind! LOL He's not had that - yet! ;D

On Hills digestion and Hairball Control now - he seems to really like it!

Oscar use to have hairball control. It works. Thnking about putting pluto on it.

Yeah, it's been great so far, we're mixing it with the digestion one. So far so good with it all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back