• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Our girls are here :)

SquirrelPiggies

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Cleo and Mable have been here since Saturday and are settling in well. They are fond of making a mess of our lovingly set up cage :xd:

They are still a little nervous but getting bolder by the day. They love red peppers and went crazy when we gave them carrot yesterday :wub:

Any pointers on the cage would be appreciated. The toilet roll tube had hay with dandelion salad in it which they love pulling out.

5 days in I can see why people like fleece- I’ve never hoovered so much!

They are using their litter tray, but also weeing and pooing along the back wall. They love to run from the house in the top right, along through the hay, through the tunnel hide and back to the house :xd:

A7187C61-EC25-453C-8F7C-60A95E4E6BF4.jpeg

Attachments

• 68D8BE96-B7AB-49A7-808B-50C43C3211C1.png
    68D8BE96-B7AB-49A7-808B-50C43C3211C1.png
    526.4 KB · Views: 26
What gorgeous piggies, and lovely set up, so much hay for them to play in. I love purple correx! I always have my correx high, as I'm allergic to extra housework 😊
I'd add a second water bottle if you see any squabbles over it.

Hi!

What little cuties!

Piggies cannot be litter trained; they will create their own peeing points and also have no bladder control while sleeping, and they will poo all over the cage. Depending on the conditions they and their ancestors come from, they can range from being fairly tidy to very scatty indeed. Very occasionally, you get a piggy that OCD about their toiletting and holding their bum out of their favourite hut.

They do however like to snuggle in the hay and use it as a toilet while eating - munching on food tends to send a signal to the other end 'More space needed in here!' :)

Back