Our guinea pigs have fallen out?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
We have two male guinea pigs that we bought about four weeks ago along with a new indoor cage and bedding etc. Both guinea pigs have seemed really happy however this weekend we noticed one of them had not come out much. We gave them both a cuddle for a while and put them back in, this time as they were both out together they had a fight. Most of the time one pig has been inside and the other just sat outside the door. At first I thought one was not letting the other out, but now I think the one inside is not letting the other in. If they get too close to each other they have had a bit of a stand off, making clicking noise at each other.

I am concerned now the one inside may be a bit poorly. Is there anything I should do? Is this behaviour unusual?

Thanks

sarahchad

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
can you see any bite marks on any off them? look really closely through their hair

Jacs

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Is there in room in the cage to put another house so that the other pig has somewhere he can go, i have two young GP and even though they get on well I have two houses so their still each have their own space and it seems to work out well.

Wiebke

Staff member
Reaction score
Looks like your boys have struck the stroppy age between 4-10 months old when the hormones really wake up.

Make sure that you have everything in twos - hides, bowls, water bottles, hay racks, so that access to food and a sleeping area is not an issue and cannot spark another fight.

Here is more about boar behaviour:
http://www.theguineapigforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=28949

Status
Not open for further replies.