• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Our Other Babies!

Hadams33

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I spend so much time talking about our piggies that sometimes I feel bad for our other babies! Yes we basically run a zoo in our house :lol!: but we wouldn’t have it any other way! We have our 6 Guinea Pigs! P.s.. we start introductions with the 2 groups next week, so keep those fingers crossed for us! Anyways we also have a dog, cat, chinchilla, 2 hamsters and 2 ferrets!
2178E9B9-3A99-4893-A242-CF8276C6648F.jpeg
This is Avery our Pittie! She’s a momma’s girl and her and I probably have the strongest bond out of any of the others (shh don’t tell the piggies)
BD5E693A-6E7B-4663-8190-41CCB4AD3138.jpeg
This is Oliver! He’s our 11 week old kitten who I found on my way to work one day! He loves being swaddled like a baby and terrorizing our dog lol
97B85D1B-88D4-4D3F-BC8F-D727C226291F.png
This is Paisley our chinchilla! She’s the oldest of our group! She helps me make breakfast in the kitchen at my feet every morning and likes to stand on our heads if we’re sitting :lol!:
72F0A30F-A5A6-4D67-AC2D-AFD219383C5C.jpeg
These are my husbands ferrets, Bandit and Chomper. The picture is super old but this was when we met them at their previous owners house (don’t worry they don’t walk on metal bars anymore now!) They are rotten little rascals who get into everything and love playing in packing peanuts. I refer to them as Jr. T-Rexes lol.
I don’t know why but I don’t have any pictures on my phone of our 2 Syrian hamsters, Nibble and Maverick. Nibble is the tamest hamster I’ve ever met. She loves cuddles and pillow. Maverick isn’t the tamest as his old owners never worked with him. We took him in when we found out our apartment neighbor was planning on just letting him outside. :td:
But those are our other babies in our mini zoo! We love every one of them to bits and all of them are so different with their unique personalities! :luv:

Awwww what a lovely zoo it is! Absolutely adore Pitbulls and it's a real shame England has banned them here! She's lovely! And Oliver :love:. Always wanted to own a chinchilla and ferrets- what are they like? X

We joke that we own a zoo too and will need to start charging people haha!

Awwww what a lovely zoo it is! Absolutely adore Pitbulls and it's a real shame England has banned them here! She's lovely! And Oliver :love:. Always wanted to own a chinchilla and ferrets- what are they like? X

I didn’t know Pitbulls were banned in England! That’s such a bummer, Avery has easily been our most empathetic, loving dog we’ve ever owned! Well chinchillas aren’t cuddly animals they love to be out of their cage and have floor time. Paisley does loves chin pets and wants them all the time. She’s so entertaining to watch hop around.
The ferrets are my husbands and between the 6 Guinea Pigs, the chinchilla and my hamster, I don’t deal with them much. But they get into EVERYTHING. Seriously take a toddler and multiply that by 20. They really don’t smell like everyone says if you keep up with the cage properly. Our boy likes cuddles while our female is more energetic. If you mixed a kitten, with a mini T-Rex, a puppy and a splash of a toddler together, then you’d have a ferret :lol!:

All beautiful! I do love your pit though, bull breeds are the best!

I wish there wasn’t such a misconception about them. My mom was absolutely terrified of her when she first met her. Everyone should own a Pit!

I spend so much time talking about our piggies that sometimes I feel bad for our other babies! Yes we basically run a zoo in our house :lol!: but we wouldn’t have it any other way! We have our 6 Guinea Pigs! P.s.. we start introductions with the 2 groups next week, so keep those fingers crossed for us! Anyways we also have a dog, cat, chinchilla, 2 hamsters and 2 ferrets!
View attachment 72827
This is Avery our Pittie! She’s a momma’s girl and her and I probably have the strongest bond out of any of the others (shh don’t tell the piggies)
View attachment 72828
This is Oliver! He’s our 11 week old kitten who I found on my way to work one day! He loves being swaddled like a baby and terrorizing our dog lol
View attachment 72829
This is Paisley our chinchilla! She’s the oldest of our group! She helps me make breakfast in the kitchen at my feet every morning and likes to stand on our heads if we’re sitting :lol!:
View attachment 72830
These are my husbands ferrets, Bandit and Chomper. The picture is super old but this was when we met them at their previous owners house (don’t worry they don’t walk on metal bars anymore now!) They are rotten little rascals who get into everything and love playing in packing peanuts. I refer to them as Jr. T-Rexes lol.
I don’t know why but I don’t have any pictures on my phone of our 2 Syrian hamsters, Nibble and Maverick. Nibble is the tamest hamster I’ve ever met. She loves cuddles and pillow. Maverick isn’t the tamest as his old owners never worked with him. We took him in when we found out our apartment neighbor was planning on just letting him outside. :td:
But those are our other babies in our mini zoo! We love every one of them to bits and all of them are so different with their unique personalities! :luv:
What a lovely extended family! Used to have dogs, cats, rabbits, Guinea Pigs, a chinchilla and a horse. All at the same time! Now just have 2 darling dogs and my 14 Guineas! Loved all of them, particularly Benji Buttons who was my chinchilla! Great little fun pets aren’t they?

What a lovely extended family! Used to have dogs, cats, rabbits, Guinea Pigs, a chinchilla and a horse. All at the same time! Now just have 2 darling dogs and my 14 Guineas! Loved all of them, particularly Benji Buttons who was my chinchilla! Great little fun pets aren’t they?

I would be living the Dream with 14 Guinea Pigs :love: but then OH would probably want 14 ferrets :eek: chinchillas are great! Quite entertaining to watch as the jump all over everything and they are so so soft whenever they let you sneak some pets in!

What mix is she?. She looks a lively dog!
I’ve a disabled Border Collie, who is the Love of my Life! Had him 10 years. Also have Judy our rescue Lurcher who is quite the Lady - completely laid back and Lazy!

What mix is she?. She looks a lively dog!
I’ve a disabled Border Collie, who is the Love of my Life! Had him 10 years. Also have Judy our rescue Lurcher who is quite the Lady - completely laid back and Lazy!

I’m honestly not sure what she’s mixed with. I fell into the rescue puppy trap and they didn’t seem to really know. They just told us she was a Pittie and sent us on our way! What’s a lurcher? Never heard that term before!

I’m honestly not sure what she’s mixed with. I fell into the rescue puppy trap and they didn’t seem to really know. They just told us she was a Pittie and sent us on our way! What’s a lurcher? Never heard that term before!
Lurcher are greyhounds mixed with usually a Collie or a Labrador.

Lurcher are greyhounds mixed with usually a Collie or a Labrador.
isla looks like a really fun dog! What is her breed?

This is Millie , a staffie a friend of mine and I rescued from very bad owners .
I told @Tim a bit of this story , it touched me in so many ways and having spent more than 10 years with dogs proved fundamental . This beauty was a phone call away from being put down , and believe me when I say it was definitely not her fault .
She now lives with my friend , she's almost rehabilitated and I just couldn't be any happier :

IMG_0170.JPG IMG_0177.JPG IMG_0262.JPG

This is another staffie I helped with , she was as sad as she looked here ... and then some :

IMG_0270.JPG

I wish there wasn’t such a misconception about them. My mom was absolutely terrified of her when she first met her. Everyone should own a Pit!

THAT , right there , is the problem : very few people should own one or at the very least only people who can look after them otherwise you are looking for disasters...

99.9% of dogs with problems , in my experience , originate from the owners.
Sorry , they are marvellous dogs but they are not for everyone .

A shame for humans , not for the dogs .

THAT , right there , is the problem : very few people should own one or at the very least only people who can look after them otherwise you are looking for disasters...

99.9% of dogs with problems , in my experience , originate from the owners.
Sorry , they are marvellous dogs but they are not for everyone .

I didn’t mean literally everyone lol, sorry

I didn’t mean literally everyone lol, sorry

No need to say sorry at all , and in a way I can see what you meant ... but , I feel very strong about this ( now my turn to say sorry but I'm being honest here ) , countless dogs of this breed or similar become aggressive due to a lack of discipline , exercise and attention and can cause major damage ,get abandoned , put down .... you name it.
I'm sure we can agree that they are very high energy dogs and they do need a lot of exercise , which usually is the main cause of aggressive or intense reactions/behaviour when not cared for properly.

What people need to understand , is what kind of animal they are dealing with here .
This is coming from someone who adores dogs of every breed , owned a few , rescued and rehabilitated many , raised dobermanns at will and lived with staffies and pits for years.

I am not boasting or showing off , in case it sadly looks like that .
I am backing the breed here , I am condemning the human.

Sorry for the long post but I've had way too much experience and seen way too many sad things with dogs , plus personal experience with pit bulls and staffies .... just makes me feel strong about what I read and what people sometimes seem to think about these dogs.

Back