• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Our rabbit Chico

Swissgreys

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
This is our rabbit Chico.
1595107504658.png
We adopted Chico just over a year ago as a companion for our recently bereaved female rabbit Daisy.
Chico is an ex breeder bunny, and was very well cared for by his original owner, but he had led a very different life to a normal rabbit.
It took Chico a long time to adjust to his new home - his bonding with our female rabbit took almost a month!
But he has settled in beautifully, and blossomed into an amazing, lively and very fun rabbit.

Until recently.
In the past few weeks Chico has achieved new levels of calmness and now lays like this multiple times a day.
1595107629512.png

Chico is five years old, and pretty deaf, so rarely responds when I rush outside to check if he is still breathing.
It seems I am destined to live with animals who like to cause stress by convincing everyone around them that they have died.
Remember this?
Ruby - Traumatising Small Children Since 2016

And if anyone is interested here is Daisy - Chico's companion.
Daisy is 4 years old, and never stays still, so I guess that's something to be thankful for!

1595107761319.png

They’re so lovely! I would have rabbits if i had the space as they are so precious. i love the freckle on daisys nose 😍

Oh my goodness they are so gorgeous 😍
I just went and read the thread about Ruby! 🙈😂 That's so funny! x

They’re so lovely! I would have rabbits if i had the space as they are so precious. i love the freckle on daisys nose 😍
They are fantastic and very entertaining pets, but they definitely need a huge amount of space.
Our back garden is pretty much 90% rabbit enclosures, and we love it, but it wouldn't work for anyone who wanted a picture perfect garden!

I miss having rabbits, we can't get any more as I've de-rabbitised the garden, all the pens have gone, (apart from Delilah piggy's small pen) the paving slabs that were round all the fences have gone, and the mesh round the bottom of the gate has been removed. All of the hidies and tubes have gone, and all of their bowls/water bottles have been given away. :(

Oh Chico is stunning. But I can see how his favourite pose couple cause alarm!
My old house rabbit used to scare visitors by legging it around everywhere binkying like crazy, then stop mid-air and crash to the floor on one side and lay dead still. It was almost like she been shot or had a heart attack. We were so used to it we didn’t think it odd, but visitors used to gasp as they thought she’d come to some harm.

Back