• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Our "temporary" pig Max is poorly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gems

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
One of the boys we rescued a few months ago, Max, is poorly. I think it may be a water infection or bladder stones as he's drinking alot of water and when I swept his cage out last night noticed a couple of spots of blood on the fleece. I've got him booked in to the vets tomorrow night but I don't really know if there's anything else I can do for him until then? I don't have any metacam left or I'd have given him some.

Also got Athena booked in tomorrow night for a checkup so I'll be getting metacam for her tomorrow so might see if I can get a bigger bottle as no doubt Max will need to be on some pain relief.

doglovinpiggylover

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
awww poor thing, hope hes ok. Its amazing how many pigs get bladder stones.

I wish id been part of this forum when i went through it with my Peppy x

Gems

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Thanks all, he's such a loving little piggie as well, he loves his cuddles and likes being right up next to your face for cuddles. I tried checking his bits over to see if I could see any signs of blood but there wasn't any ( though he was a bit dirty so I gave him a bum bath ) I sat him on a towel until he had a wee and he was definitely in pain when he went as he was hunched up and squeeking so I really hope it's not bladder stones and it's just an infection

Status
Not open for further replies.