• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Overgrown Tooth

Status
Not open for further replies.

lolseh

Reaction score
I noticed one of Misty's teeth is really long. I'm not sure if the other one snapped but it looks really long compared to the other one. It's not affecting his eating. Will I book an apointment with the vet and if it wears down itself just cancel the apointment?

D

DebbieR

I'm not sure to be honest. If it was me, I would contact the CCT and ask they're opinion before taking him to the vet. Hope he's ok :)

C

cavykind

If it were my guinea pig and as long as he was eating okay, I'd probably just keep an eye on it for a few days. Without seeing it, it is difficult to know though :-\

If front teeth begin to overgrow, they generally do so evenly in my experience, so I would guess that one has broken for some reason and the other is just appearing longer than is usual.
But...if in doubt, have it checked by a good vet or ask the CCT for advice. Just my thoughts :)

Barbara

lolseh

Reaction score
It's k now. Looks likes he's managed to snap it when he was in his run chewing to bars.
Thanks anyway :)

Status
Not open for further replies.