• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Ow Ow Ow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jess

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Has any ever sprained their back? because according to my doctor i have. Not a clue how I managed it though!
It started on Sunday afternoon and when I was in bed, I could not get comfy because it was so painful... it didn't really improve on Monday, I was getting ready for work and lifting my arms to tie up to my hair was a task and a half! I could not breathe. Slowly got better but booked an appointment for Friday 13th (figured I would cancel if it got better or disappeared). Anyway Tuesday I twinged by back resulting it pain down my arms... So anyway went to the doctors yesterday and he said that my upper back muscles are in spasm and my should blades are out of line!

I'm on a course of about a month of anti-inflammatories but not sure what good they will do as they haven't done much to help with the pain.

Feel so old!

Oh you poor thing. That sounds agony. I really hope you recover soon.

Poor you, having a bad back is horrible! Sounds obvious but rest it is the best advice I can give, it's so important not to do anything that will put any strain on it! Hope it soon gets better.

i'm only 23 and have back pain! And he thinks I might have irritated a nerve in my arm too ... urgh :rant::rant:
He said rest and heat treatment; I think he was going to sign me off work until I told him I worked behind a desk :P

I'm the same age and feel so old at times when I have achey joints etc lol! It's because I work with kids though, constantly picking them up, bending down etc, not sure how you managed to hurt yours though?! haha bless you :td:

I hope you're better in time for the brum meet up!?
Back pain sucks. I had a fall about 18 years ago, never been right since :(
For the time being, sit/lay in from of the tellybox, crack the whip at the butler/OH and order him to do a huge fry up! :gd::)

I'm the same age and feel so old at times when I have achey joints etc lol! It's because I work with kids though, constantly picking them up, bending down etc, not sure how you managed to hurt yours though?! haha bless you :td:

I do vaguely remember my arm aching when I was carrying my niece around; had to get my OH to take her because it got pretty bad... I'm stumped to be honest, I have problems with my lower back but upper back is a first

I hope you're better in time for the brum meet up!?
Back pain sucks. I had a fall about 18 years ago, never been right since :(
For the time being, sit/lay in from of the tellybox, crack the whip at the butler/OH and order him to do a huge fry up! :gd::)

Oh I wish! makes it worse sitting around!

Oh I wish! makes it worse sitting around!
Lay on your belly with a heat pad on your back. I use small cloth bags filled with wheat. Bung them in the microwave for about 4 minutes. And munch on some ibuprofen :)

Lay on your belly with a heat pad on your back. I use small cloth bags filled with wheat. Bung them in the microwave for about 4 minutes. And munch on some ibuprofen :)

I've got 2 wheat bags to when Robert had problems with his neck, doctors prescribed naproxen as normal ibuprofen wasn't working, might get some paracetamol

Reactions: Tim
naproxen made my head giddy, but that could have been the bottle of voddy taken with them... *ahem... :doh:
They do work though, Its good to see you are already prepared! Hopefully see you in brum :) :nod:

naproxen made my head giddy, but that could have been the bottle of voddy taken with them... *ahem... :doh:
They do work though, Its good to see you are already prepared! Hopefully see you in brum :) :nod:

Aw Tim a bit of back isn't going to stop me :)

Hurrah! :yahoo:
Race you to the bar! :bronco:

Sorry to hear this Jess, I did my back in a few years ago and Rach suffers with trapped nerves from time to time. Lots of rest, Microwave heat packs are amazing they really help.
Sending you lots of healing vibes, you may have done it picking up Miss Rambo :drool:

Sorry to hear this Jess, I did my back in a few years ago and Rach suffers with trapped nerves from time to time. Lots of rest, Microwave heat packs are amazing they really help.
Sending you lots of healing vibes, you may have done it picking up Miss Rambo :drool:

Now Lee don't be giving her a complex.. she's a very delicate soul... ;)
Robert thinks she's got ADHD

Now Lee don't be giving her a complex.. she's a very delicate soul... ;)
Robert thinks she's got ADHD

Delicate :)) She is amazing, I would love a Rambo and Vimto cuddle at the same time. Big Abys :drool:

She is a pig in a million. Look after that back, looking forward to seeing you and Robert at the meet again x

Delicate :)) She is amazing, I would love a Rambo and Vimto cuddle at the same time. Big Abys :drool:

She is a pig in a million. Look after that back, looking forward to seeing you and Robert at the meet again x

Ha I'll try my best with my back... :)
Well the last cuddle I had with Rambo resulted her in her complaining, pooping everywhere, jumping on my chest and whenever Robert moved she squeaked for food every single time...

Last edited:
Totally sympathise - I get sciatica from time to time for absolutely no apparent reason, which makes all of the muscles in my back go into spasm. It's so incredibly painful and at its worst means I can't even put any weight on my right leg :( Naproxen is very entertaining though, one of those and I'm off with the fairies for the next few hours :)) Hope you feel better soon!

Totally sympathise - I get sciatica from time to time for absolutely no apparent reason, which makes all of the muscles in my back go into spasm. It's so incredibly painful and at its worst means I can't even put any weight on my right leg :( Naproxen is very entertaining though, one of those and I'm off with the fairies for the next few hours :)) Hope you feel better soon!

I started the prescription yesterday and I felt almost stoned... not good when I was driving back to work after lunch.
Aww bless you, I can't lift my right arm for long and turning my neck makes everything twinge...

I started the prescription yesterday and I felt almost stoned... not good when I was driving back to work after lunch.
Aww bless you, I can't lift my right arm for long and turning my neck makes everything twinge...
Yeah, I'd put off taking it until just before bed time! :))
I had my appendix out a couple of years back and was put on Tramadol - dear God I've never felt so out of my tree in all my life, the hallucinations were horrendous!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back