• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Pain med jitters

Rivervixen

Forum Donator 2023/24
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has experience with co codamol, doctor told me to get these ones for my cervical pain but they’re making me feel very sick and jittery. I had one yesterday afternoon and still feel very bad

9F2F9C19-245A-4133-ADBF-B782EDCD6E9F.jpeg

I take Solpadeine which is very similar to what the Dr has told you to take with no side effects. If you are experiencing jitters and feeling very sick, I would contact your Dr again and let him know.

I take Solpadeine which is very similar to what the Dr has told you to take with no side effects. If you are experiencing jitters and feeling very sick, I would contact your Dr again and let him know.

ill ring them in the morning, I don’t think I dare take anymore after the past day :( is the solpadeine stronger than than paracetamol and ibuprofen? Those taken together wouldn’t touch my pain, and these do take it away but make me feel awful

I would stop them and call the Dr in the morning.
Some people can react quite strongly, and I also fall into that category with several heavy duty pain meds.
If you let the Dr know, chances are he can prescribe an alternative.
Sorry you are in pain right now.

I would stop them and call the Dr in the morning.
Some people can react quite strongly, and I also fall into that category with several heavy duty pain meds.
If you let the Dr know, chances are he can prescribe an alternative.
Sorry you are in pain right now.

thank you! I have a history of reacting badly to medicine, the “uncommon” side effects seem to be my specialty. It doesn’t help that I’m really small so I think she might have overestimated the dosage

I hope the effects wear off soon. My mum and two of my sisters don’t react well to codeine either.

Sorry you’re in such pain that ibuprofen doesn’t touch it though ☹️ Hopefully they’ll find something better for you.

I hope the effects wear off soon. My mum and two of my sisters don’t react well to codeine either.

Sorry you’re in such pain that ibuprofen doesn’t touch it though ☹ Hopefully they’ll find something better for you.

Thank you :) I’m sorry for your mum and sister as well, I’ve never heard of it causing issues in some people until now

Is the solpadeine stronger than than paracetamol and ibuprofen?
Solpadeine is Paracetamol, Codeine and Caffeine its quite strong and the only thing that stops my migraines and cluster headaches. Even the stuff prescribed by the Dr didn't work. I can't take Ibuprofen as it doesn't work well with the medication I'm on for life.

Thank you :) I’m sorry for your mum and sister as well, I’ve never heard of it causing issues in some people until now
I only know them, and you now. Same with morphine! Seems it doesn’t do it for us either. I don’t know as I’ve never had it.

Solpadeine is Paracetamol, Codeine and Caffeine its quite strong and the only thing that stops my migraines and cluster headaches. Even the stuff prescribed by the Dr didn't work. I can't take Ibuprofen as it doesn't work well with the medication I'm on for life.

Migraines are the absolute worst, I’m glad there’s something that works for you! I’ve only ever had a handful and it’s one of the worst things I’ve been through, really hope you don’t get them often

I had these after my surgery. I got the most horrendous side effects. A great pain reliever but the added affects (as you describe) are awful

@Rivervixen did you try taking it at night? Not saying that would be better though. Do call your doc. I’ve got some for when periods are bad. I’ve only ever used it once as I’m scared of having side effects with the kids in the house.

Migraines are the absolute worst, I’m glad there’s something that works for you! I’ve only ever had a handful and it’s one of the worst things I’ve been through, really hope you don’t get them often
I used to get them a lot. Then my acupuncturist got to work and all but cured them. It's wonderful to be virtually pain free and not have red hot nails screwing up behind my left eyeball!

which side effects did you have? Sorry that you went through this too :(
I got terrible headaches (which I thought initially were a result of GA, but they only came on within an hour of taking Co-codamol and stopped when I stopped taking it). I also was very fatigued and felt totally wiped out. I had my left ovary removed as a result of my endometriosis and had it prescribed after surgery. They also prescribed it to me after my ectopic pregnancy but I chose to not take it after the first time round!
It’s a great pain killer but it does make most people feel rubbish. Your doctor might be able to recommend an alternative?

@Rivervixen did you try taking it at night? Not saying that would be better though. Do call your doc. I’ve got some for when periods are bad. I’ve only ever used it once as I’m scared of having side effects with the kids in the house.

I took it in the afternoon yesterday and haven’t touched it since, I could try at night but not hopeful, still feeling really bad from the two I had yesterday :(

I got terrible headaches (which I thought initially were a result of GA, but they only came on within an hour of taking Co-codamol and stopped when I stopped taking it). I also was very fatigued and felt totally wiped out. I had my left ovary removed as a result of my endometriosis and had it prescribed after surgery. They also prescribed it to me after my ectopic pregnancy but I chose to not take it after the first time round!
It’s a great pain killer but it does make most people feel rubbish. Your doctor might be able to recommend an alternative?

that is such a lot to go through, I’m so very sorry :( struggling to find words at the moment, just want to give you a big hug after reading that. It definitely wipes you out that’s for sure, going to get on to them tomorrow x

that is such a lot to go through, I’m so very sorry :( struggling to find words at the moment, just want to give you a big hug after reading that. It definitely wipes you out that’s for sure, going to get on to them tomorrow x
Oh it’s ok, but thank you so much. I actually talk quite openly about it. I’m not afraid to talk about my endometriosis, couple of miscarriages and ectopic as I feel so many out there suffer in silence, and they shouldn’t have to. I hope I can help others who have suffered with similar issues. We should be able to talk about it.
I just hope you feel better soon, and hope you can get some better pain relief.

and I have my piggies and fur babies to help me through too 😊

Oh it’s ok, but thank you so much. I actually talk quite openly about it. I’m not afraid to talk about my endometriosis, couple of miscarriages and ectopic as I feel so many out there suffer in silence, and they shouldn’t have to. I hope I can help others who have suffered with similar issues. We should be able to talk about it.
I just hope you feel better soon, and hope you can get some better pain relief.

and I have my piggies and fur babies to help me through too 😊

you’re an amazing person for being so open and willing to help others through hard times too. The world needs more people like our piggie slaves :) x

@Rivervixen don’t try it again if the effects are still going on. Call your docs and see what they can do for you.

@Marvel_piggie_squad i hope that you aren’t suffering any more/much now. My older sister has endometriosis as well. She suspects I may have due to the painful periods I now have. But I’ve never gone to a doc for them.

Back