• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Pain relief for a poorly leg

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

teampanda

Hi

Does anyone have any advice about natural remedies for pain relief. We have a homemade cage that is in one place about 4 feet off the floor. Unfortunately, Badger who was our most vocal Guinea Pig, backed away from her babies out of the door. She made one squeak and seemed ok physically. She has been very quiet since and is not putting weight on her right hind foot all the time. There isn't anyway swelling, but she seems to be walking on her heel. She is still eating and drinking, but we wanted some advice/suggestions until we get to the vets on Monday.

Thanks for reading

Team P and A

:)

Not sure on this one but try looking at peter gurneys website? There may be a suggestion on there or you could phone your vet? There is usually an emergency number you could call. Hope she is ok :)

Aw poor Badger - hopefully she has just bruised it and is a bit shocked which is why she is quiet. As she is eating and drinking I think thats a good sign.. not sure on pain relief - apparently you can give them calpol - if you do a search on it on the forum you should find some advice re dosage.

Hope she is better soon!

May have stretch something in her leg, my piggy hurt her leg when she jumped a crazy hight and limped for a while, now she is walking fine. If she makes sounds as if she is in pain at anytime I would vet check her! If she seems ok, leave her to it, unless you think the leg is broken, maybe hold her up and see if her joints all work smoothly! Like you would a person. Its good their is no lump!

Thanks to everyone for all the advice and information. We will do a search for calpol. We are sure that Badger will appreciate some relief as we feel she is in pain by the way she is walking. We will post an update as soon as we have more news. Thanks again.

I give my guinea Potter's Tabritis one a day suggested on Peter Gurney's website. One of the ingredients in that is Poplar Bark which it says is a mild painkiller. I don't know if that might help - hope so!

just wondering how badger is going with her sore leg? wonder why she retreated from her babies? hoping badger is better. sending hugs and cuddles from us in oz :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: girls send :-* :-* :-*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back