Pains in the abdomen?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Not sure whether I shoudl go to the doctors or not, I wanted everyones opinions to if i'm over reacting or not. I keep getting like, shooting pains in my abdomen, when i'm off my period. They go through my abdomen, my legs too. It's really painful and makes me feel sick.​

Midge&Panda

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I always think if its enough to make you worried than its time to make a doctors appointment if only to put your mind at ease. xx

Lady Kelly

Staff member
Reaction score
ok not going to expect you to answer publically but if you are on the oral contraceptive and having leg pains at all then go to your GP. It could be a sign of thrombosis which could be very VERY serious!

I agree with midge&panda though, if its enough to worry you its worth a trip to the docs

Reaction score
I'm not on contreception at all :) I hate sundays. I think i might phone and book one tomorrow x

2280CLAIRE

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Absolutely agree with Midge and Panda, if it is worrying you...then you should really see your GP.

However, what may reassure you is that shooting pains in the abdomen are sometimes just trapped wind! I actually have a friend who gets this sort of pain really bad (they shoot down to her legs, too) when she hasn't eaten and her tummy is empty. It's a bit of an on-going joke, as she'll openly announce "Argghhh, I've gotta eat something! I'm getting those gas pains!" haha!

Lady Kelly

Staff member
Reaction score
Absolutely agree with Midge and Panda, if it is worrying you...then you should really see your GP.

However, what may reassure you is that shooting pains in the abdomen are sometimes just trapped wind! I actually have a friend who gets this sort of pain really bad (they shoot down to her legs, too) when she hasn't eaten and her tummy is empty. It's a bit of an on-going joke, as she'll openly announce "Argghhh, I've gotta eat something! I'm getting those gas pains!" haha!

oh dear :)) I sometimes get bad pain just before or just aftermy period for the same reason... oh the joys of being a woman

Lady Kelly

Staff member
Reaction score
I suppose the consensus is the same advice we would give for poorly piggies... if you're concerned then see the expert :)

Reaction score
I just refuse to make them, I only made the one to do with my medication because it was getting rediculous. I genuinly HATE it xx

torieraa

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
just to check, when was your last smear? might be worth having another one

lauralucy

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
i dont think lexi is old enough to have been asked for one yet. they usually start when your 25.

Hanwombat

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
yeah you get it free on the NHS if your 25 and over. I am only 22 and havent had one yet though you can request to have one.

Status
Not open for further replies.