• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Paint fumes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wheeky

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I will be painting the skirting boards of my room soon and was wondering if I should move my guineas into "temporary accommodation" in another room (it would have to be their old, small cage).
When I paint the walls at a later date I will have to move them into another room anyway, but do they have to be moved for this small paint job as well?

Thanks. :)

Midge&Panda

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
If it was me I would, I know that when I paint the fumes always give me a head-ache not sure how it would affect the piggies.

PopcornPigs

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
yeah move them to be sure, I just decorated my room and they temporarily lived in the living room and loved it!

Reaction score
you can now buy a water based paint for your wood and doors. This paint has no smell on it.

We bought ours from B&Q. It is a little bit dearer but well worth the money.

I have asma end every time we glossed my breathing was very bad and would i would end up off work.

The paint is great and it stays brilliant white and does not fade or go a off white. We done our living room 2 years ago and it is still brilliant white.

I would recommend this for people with bad chests and animals

Status
Not open for further replies.