• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Pale poops

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I'm wondering if pale (sort of fudge coloured) poops are anything to be concerned about? :...

China - one of my two almost-five year old boars - has long been a bit fragile, having some respiratory problems as well as a number of spells of soft poops and a pained squeek when passing them (he has seen the vet for this more than once and had medicine - thankfully the situation seems much improved since I stopped giving him carrots, so fingers crossed I've hit upon the cause) and even a few instances of bloody urine (although thankfully this only has happened sporadically for a day to two then returns to normal and many months apart otherwise I'd have rushed him to the vets).

I happened to read that for humans, pale poo can be a symptom of serious liver or kidney trouble and, combined with the blood in the urine (I will stress that this is not a regular occurrence), this has we worried now.

China has no loss of appetite, drinks normally and remains bright and active. Other than cutting out the carrots, diet is unchanged.

Any thoughts would be much appreciated, many thanks.

Wiebke

Staff member
Reaction score
I don't think that it is anything too much to worry about. The colour of the poos depends sometimes on what they are eating. Also on how dry/wet poos are.

You usually need a more than one symptom to diagnose an illness.

Reaction score
Thanks! Is the blood in the urine nothing to be overly concerned about (as it is certainly not happening all the time or even often)?

nutmeg

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Certainly in dogs white poo is a sign of something amiss, liver I think.

The only time I have come across pale piggy poop is when they have come into rescue and rarely/never been fed veggies, it has always corrected itself as I gradually introduced them.

I can't advise on blood in urine, however, as a general rule, blood is not good. I would have it checked out. xx

Status
Not open for further replies.